Posted: Jul 16th 2011 6:06PM Naphilia said

That's a joke and not a teaser.
As much as I enjoy playing GA, this minute of video is pretty useless.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 6:39PM Resurge said

um, cool Billboards?

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 6:54PM Borick said

That wasn't disconcerting at all.

Billboard Agenda.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 6:58PM Jef Reahard said

Boy, tough crowd tonight. Lol.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 7:08PM Fabius Bile said

jungle zone finally? lol

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 7:14PM Duulin said

Finally, I've been waiting for a good billboard system for years. Let's just hope they can pull it off. Judging by the trailer it looks like they are on the right track, but I've been burnt by bad billboard systems before and I'll reserve my judgement until I've tried it first hand.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 7:36PM Fabius Bile said

@Duulin
billboards have always been a risky feature in games. old school gamers have always favoured radio advertising.

I hope Hi-Rez are aware that this will represent a playerbase divide between those who like billboards and those who wholeheartly despise them.

If the billboard system affects the gameplay as much as the video hints , the controversy will be enormous.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 9:29PM Borick said

@Duulin If we can't advertise our own services with the billboards, then any billboard system garbage. This is just the developers whoring themselves out to marketing interests.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 9:33PM Plastic said

@Duulin

Congratulations to Hi-Rez for rolling out the billboard system, regardless of where you fall in the billboard debate, you have to appreciate their efforts to tackle such a complex and controversial feature.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 9:52AM Kinau said

Haha loving the undiluted sarcasm. Keep it up :)

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 11:40AM Sorithal said

I'm hoping this means they'll add in Guild Billboards soon, with a new type of PvP mode - Graffiti! Enemy guilds/players could grab their paint guns and paint over the billboard of a guild, with that guild then having to use their water guns to wash it away! Maybe even implement a PvP mode that's similar to DotA, in that the goal of it is to paint over the enemy team's billboard while defending your own!

The possibilities are endless.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 1:14PM Resurge said

best thread of the week, right here.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 4:16PM hami83 said

I hope, with the recent changes to their F2P model, that they'll get more income to make a NEW PvE aside from just the desert.

Maybe a PvE zone in the big bad city you do your tutorial in? Or...A jungle? I dunno. lol

I really did enjoy the game, but the limited PvP levels and ONE PvE zone did get a bit tiring.
I still play it. The combat reminds me of Tabula Rasa, which I loved.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 8:59AM Dracones said

A great game hindered by lack of real content updates.

Since release the game has gotten a lowbie desert zone, 1 new PvP map, and dome defense(which is on a set timer) with a small smattering of some new class items. Am I missing anything significant?

It gets boring real quick in PvE shooting the same old robots over and over on the same ole maps.

One Shots: Mandy the Christmas Whale