Posted: Jul 15th 2011 6:44PM Alex Oglitchkin said

Congratulations to Daniel and just further proof that ArenaNet has the right people to go in the right direction.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 6:45PM Faction 3 said

Daniel Dociu is a brilliant artist, in every definition of the word. My inspiration & drawing technique are from him & his masterpieces of Art.

As a Comic Book artist myself, Im often asked where my technique & inspiration comes from, when I say "Daniel Dociu", Im mostly looked at with puzzled expressions. My next words are "Just wait another year or so...you'll know who he is, trust me".

Could not go to a more talented & brilliant person.

Bravo!

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 6:57PM Danteeeee said

All Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 art is beautiful. ArenaNet are truly hiring the best concept artists in the business.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 7:13PM (Unverified) said

GW2 Concept art truly is the best work I've ever seen, and i love how they incorporate that art style into the ui and graphics style. Congrats Daniel!

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 7:33PM Cristian Ceo said

One for Daniel....one for Romania. Keep up the good work man, make us proud!

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 7:44PM real65rcncom said

Well deserved, the art in this game I've seen so far rivals games like FFXIV for concept and design and that says a lot.

I don't think any games recently released even comes close other than FFXIV art style-wise this good, so looking forward to actually giving the game a real go when released.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 8:23PM hereafter said

Congrats all around! Always nice to see this industry attracts such talented artists.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 8:39PM Yoh said

When I studied under Daniel, to be honest I was a little dissapointed because I never got to look at his art or style in any real detail...... that, and he was like a fish out of water teaching faceless people on the internet.

Kekai on the otherhand was fantasic, not only as an artist, but he's a good teacher too. Swears alot mind you, which I found enlessly entertaining.

I expect that Futurepoly will have another Online Masters class next year.
Now if only Stokes can get around to teaching that 3d modelling coarse he promised months ago.

~Yoh

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 9:15PM Seldra said

@Yoh I'm happy you got a chance to be a student under these two, I hope you yourself become as famous as they are.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 9:17PM Yoh said

@Seldra
Thankyou Seldra, that's a very kind thing to say.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 9:55PM BubleFett said

The guy is a Master in his own right.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 11:22PM winterborn said

I am not a fan of the mixing of swords/guns/robots in GW2 but the art is fantastic.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 3:14AM (Unverified) said

His art is great, no doubts there. Still my personal fave is Hans Werner Sahm. These two have similarities, but I like the scenery a bit more clear and not as, for lack of a better word, "painterly".

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 10:13PM antagonistyahoocom said

Hi my name is Massively, and I repost things verbatim from other blogs.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 9:40AM arryn11 said

@antagonistyahoocom

lol

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 9:41AM arryn11 said

Yea his art is amazing! Its the first time in a game that I wanted the art book.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 11:28AM Kalec said

I must say I love the idea of mixing guns with swords and fireballs in GW2 against all the nay-sayers. And Daniel has an awesome style, I can't say much about it since I'm out of my element talking about art (more of a numbers guy here) but I must say he is incredible.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 11:09PM (Unverified) said

The guy is brilliant at what he does and deserves all the recognition!

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM