Posted: Jul 15th 2011 12:47PM Ghostspeaker said

*insert bitter, tired rant about terrible grind and overpriced cash shop here because today I just can't be arsed*

Seriously, though, I'm glad the people who stuck it out are getting more content. But... yeah.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 1:02PM SocksForYou said

Not an Allods fan but I have to give them credit for the reincarnation thing. I would feel a little better about purchasing MT items knowing that an alt could use them too.

Of course, with this being Allods I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to screw up a good idea.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 1:22PM blix2006 said

is the game still only playable if you throw tons of money at it?

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 1:24PM cotheer said

Oh look, another one of those "Rise of something" updates.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 1:31PM Seffrid said

• 1 heart
When you pay to open up additional bank or inventory slots, for example, those facilities should be unlocked across the whole account. Making people with 6 characters (not an unusual number in any MMO) pay 6 times is just a rip-off and one of the prime reasons I won't play pure F2P titles (the other one being that they're either shallow cutesey Korean PK grind-fest clones or shallow WoW clones).

I've no idea how the item shop works now in Allods Online, I looked at the beta and was singularly unimpressed by the WoW lookalike graphics at which point players were hit by the initial controversy over the item shop and most of us here, I think, stopped following the game.

How is it working out these days?

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 2:59PM Pingles said

@Seffrid

I dunno. If it's a free-to-play I have no issues giving them a few bucks ONCE for each toon. Heck, even if you buy a separate bag for each toon you're still shelling out less than a few months of a sub game.

If you're paying $140 a year to a sub game then on an F2P throwing $50 for bags on all your toons doesn't sound unreasonable if you're gonna play for a while.

Also, about the WoW-ish graphics: Allods is based on the world of a Russian RPG that predates WoW. I found Allods graphics to be astounding. Like Fantasy + Russian Propoganda art combined.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 4:08PM (Unverified) said

I played it for a month or so when it first went into open beta a year or so ago. It had so much promise. Everything came crashing down with the cash shop. So poorly implemented with no foresight. They fix some of the worst problems about a year later and add some more debilitatingly bad decisions into the mix, all just to try and grab more money. I still think they have problems with runes being still a pay for power design. If they ever fix it to where you aren't penalized just to play and have only vanity or convenience items in the cash shop, it will never see wide ranging success, and frankly at this point I think it is just too late for most people. Only the dedicated few still are with this game. It really is sad, I wanted to love this game so much, but I felt betrayed and still do with the cash shop shenanigans.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 4:09PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
Wish I could edit, meant "Until they fix it" not "If they ever fix it". Oh well, you get my point.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 6:19PM syklonis said

This game is now all about the rune system. Which you have to spend a ton of real money to actually be successful later in the game.

Crystal chips are what you need to make better runes and that items is a cash shop item. Sure you can trade it but you know the price on the AH is insane. Forcing players to use a cash shop to play the game is retarded. We should want to use your cash shop on our own will not be dealt it.

This game had so much potential..I swear if I was rich I 'd buy it and run it ten times better than the clowns there now.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 3:00AM (Unverified) said

REINCARNATION = Just another way to cater to the VOCAL MINORITY of level -rushing/gear junky, LAZY AS HECK players that dont want to EARN anything the correct way. Allods will soon be wow 2.0 with all the level rushers and grinders - sad.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 2:00PM rpgmaniac said

Allods wasted from the greedy ppl they make it the game is pure "pay2win" I play MMORPG for years and I have never see so broken cash shop in any other game before when I realize that u don't have a change to compete against ppl who pay I stop after a few hours of play it was very disappointing the EU servers r deserted and the reason is the cash shop for sure there is no 2 type of MMORPG in the market "p2p" & "f2p" there is 3 and this game is the third type "p2w"