Posted: Jul 14th 2011 8:05PM Danteeeee said

Interesting stuff.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 9:47PM Fakeassname said

it's funny how much Vindictus shares design elements with this game.

I don't know who is lifting from who (this game was in beta over in Asia before Vindictus ["mabinogi: heroes" in Korea] was even announced but Vindictus was probably already being developed at the time) or if it's just paralleled design elements that happened to hit on the same cultural icons (witches with scythes are pretty common in Asian fantasy).

I'm already signed up for this with some of my buddies: can't wait for the beta.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 10:11PM ClassicCrime said

@Fakeassname

The only thing that's similar is the combat, other than that the games look nothing alike imo

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 10:35PM Fakeassname said

@ClassicCrime

I didn't say appearance, I said design elements.

both are instanced brawlers.
both have got gender locked characters instead of full classes.
-the actual characters themselves share design elements between the two (witch with a scythe, Melee brawler that uses an unconventional weapon)
both have got a story line that plays out more like a single player action RPG than a MMO.

no this game is not made with the source engine, and no Vindictus is not cell shaded, but the actual game design outside of the quirks of their respective engines is quite similar.

(I'm kinda expecting this to be the better game of the two, the source engine does what it does really good, but being a third person action mmo brawler just isn't really on that list.)

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 12:57AM ShivanSwordsman said

@Fakeassname

Oi. I hope it's faster than Vindictus, and a little less buggy. The game plays decently, but Vindictus is more about strategy, dodging, and blocking rather than being a true to life brawler. Besides, this looks more like it'll be competing with Dragon Nest, rather than Vindictus.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 7:36AM Fabius Bile said

@Fakeassname
if you are looking for the spiritual ancestor to this game (and also Vindictus), look no further than Dungeon Fighter Online.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 5:09PM Fakeassname said

@Fabius Bile

*shrug* maybe, I remember hearing about Rusty Hearts back in .... uhhh, 2008 I think. well before DFO came out over here, I'm not sure how long DFO was out in K-land before it got ported but it dosen't seem like an old game ... just a cheap one (cheap as in "low cost").

my guess (and this is a guess, I've done no research) is that Rusty Hearts got announced while Vindictus was still pretty early in it's development style, so Nexon whipped out DFO on the quick to provide some kind of competition until Vindictus was done, but then along comes divine souls combined with a slew of other AMMOs and the fact that Vindictus feels more like a western hack and slash than a Asian action-mmo (and thus isn't much competition to them) and started work on dragon nest.

(HA! I just noticed that Dragon Nest's OB starts on the 26th ... coincidence, I think not!)

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 5:23AM Zuljundwumn said

I want to punch this guy in the mouth when he talks.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 1:04PM markhill66 said

@Zuljundwumn

Yikes. Is it something I said?