Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:07PM (Unverified) said

Hey I recognize the song at 0:15 in Secondhand Lands. The Yogscast use that one in their videos. :) I gotta say, that game's video is the strangest and funniest of the bunch. You get to attack Princess Pony and do a cartwheel charge attack. xD

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:42PM Saker said

Wherever do you find these odd games. I consider myself pretty above-average knowledgeable in all things MMO and I've never heard of these. Secondhand Lands looks truly odd, yet cute! May have to try it out. Get a kick outta the Sheep with their big eyes, but "Scrapper" Squirrel, or Skunk sounds like it might be very amusing also! Graphics look very original EQ waaaaay back in-the-day.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:48PM Beau Hindman said

@Saker well, I've been looking up games for nearly 12 years now, so I know the sites or blogs that might list em. I get some in emails, but most I just google up.

I was actually thinking of writing a post up about how people tend to think that if they haven't heard about a game, it just doesn't exist...but to the players of the game it is their world. Just a strange thing that people do! lol

I'm so used to finding tiny games that now the "AAA" large ones are the ones I don't know as much about. :)

Beau

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:49PM Plastic said

Speaking of mind-altering substances, I think that video of secondhand lands just damaged my frontal lobe.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 3:18PM Space Cobra said

Hmm...

Just as I was getting in a groove of SWG, AoC, and some consoles!

Now I have to check these games out!

And you made me remember some other ones I haven't checked out in some time that I should check out again!

And I still am faintly resisting Bella Sera, although your Horse Isle is making me think about it again! ;P

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 6:57PM Daemodand said

I was like, "This one's crap. This one's crap. This one's crap," until I came to Puppet Guardian and then I was all like, "Wait, what's this?" Very charming video. Ima give it a chance.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 7:42PM alucard3000 said

The snake girl in the opening pic is in this video at around 2:10 in-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bparw9Jo3dk

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 1:16AM Space Cobra said

Just to add: I totally forgot about poor Secondhand Lands (I know Massively/Beau talked about it in the past) and I have to give that a try.

Also Puppet Guardian and probably Horse Isle.

But what REALLY has me excited is Socks Inc. I used to be pretty big on the whole Sock Puppet thing when I was young (and following the Muppets and their technology even now!)I wonder if I can dig up my old dragon one I made, even if it was a copy of the one in the craft book and it's not moth-eaten...then there is clearing out a space (Yes, I need to tidy up me old apartment! :X )

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 5:34AM (Unverified) said

Secondhand Lands looks the most freakish, but I might play Puppet Guardian just to listen to that music. And I'll be smashed.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 5:44AM (Unverified) said

Am I the only person left alive who played SEED? That was a really cool game, doomed because it was ahead of its time.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 8:31AM Beau Hindman said

@(Unverified) I was in the SEED beta....I loved the uhm..what's it called (it's too early lol) the outline around the characters? It was SO rough, though, I just wish it had continued. It would have made a great indie MMO.

Beau

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 8:56AM Borick said

@Beau Hindman Cel Shading?

I miss Seed.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 8:58AM Beau Hindman said

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 12:22PM InaraTahn said

Beau, I appreciate your open-mindedness in exploring these indie games. Personally, I also appreciate unique art styles and game mechanics.

Thanks for pointing out Socks Inc. It looks really cute, and a very different kind of fun. I think I'll get a trans-generational thing going with my family.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 8:28AM Mylamber said

Beau,

You are the best! Thanks for letting me know about these games. I found myself laughing out loud starting with the freak show pic at the beginning of the article and laughed even harder at Horse Isle. I'm definitely going to give these a go! Great job, I love it! Keep up the good work!

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 8:47AM Beau Hindman said

@Mylamber Thanks for the compliments. :)

Beau

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM