Posted: Jul 13th 2011 2:49PM Fabius Bile said

lol, 3 weeks into the game and you are almost a veteran.

fast bullet point list

1) WAR has had "big but secretive news" coming to the community since 3 years ago...I think some people died of old age waiting, unless the news in question was the extremly fast rate of decay the game has suffered...

2) ORvR has always been either

a) merry-go-round where one faction attacks one empty area while the other does the same in another,keeping the choo choo renown train going forever without ever step into the other and PvPing

or

b) one side is the current flavor of the year, and as such they have an awfully lot more population in all tiers, specially the lower ones, mostly thanks to the rerollers. hence the continuous roflstomping thru sheer numbers

in a few more weeks you will have fully realized why the game went from nearly 120 servers worldwide and a bright future in Russia Taiwan and Korea, to 5 barely populated servers worldwide, closed in Russia and Taiwan, and a korean version which never made out of the beta phase...

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 2:57PM tsavonglah said

@Fabius Bile
The big new community news was info on 1.44 and 1.45 in addition to the promises of more info on the future of the game which multiple war bloggers have confirmed to be worth the wait. In regards to your comments about orvr I must say I beg to differ I have not seen this "o noes destro in the zone lets leave" behavior since back before 1.3 granted most of my time was spent in tier 4 but I would assume most players these days play for the pvp which is found in zones where there are enemies. In regards to realm imbalance there really is nothing you could do besides stopping the creation of a certain realm entirely which I guarantee will never happen.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 8:34PM Eliot Lefebvre said

@Fabius Bile

I already have a fairly good idea of why the game followed the trajectory it did. That does not, however, diminish my enjoyment of the game, nor do I necessarily agree that it's for the reasons you describe.

At three weeks out, I'm not a veteran. But I would say that I'm getting into the trajectory of being a fan.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 2:52PM tsavonglah said

Currently on Gorfang Destro has a stranglehold on tier 2 unclear why but its possibly the worst time to be rolling destro in t2, however it does get far better in tier 3 and the population and organization gets a huge bump. Tier 3 is far less of a transitory zone and because keeps have an inner and outer wall you have more time to respond and form an organized defense. Plus the populations are a bit more balanced. As far as renown spec goes I would stick to all str still no ws because armor values stay *fairly* low even in tier 2 so the extra pen isn't need to much. I should be there for the warband on saturday if I can resolve my current billing issues. Which reminds me be sure to re input your billing info if you have a recurring 30 day sub (not sure what payment method you are using) as mythic just merged their account management servers with ea's so to long on now you need an ea master account and you have to re input billing info because that was not transfered.
Good luck on the fields of WAR and WAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 3:03PM kainsec said

As to the first poll about spending RA. The best dividend in the game per point right now falls to reduced damage received from being crit. What kills ppl in this game is being chain critted by classes who have a +50% crit damage tactic. Being a choppa you receive more damage as part of your mechanic so hacking off some of that damage is very important. The general going trend is ppl spec defense into their RAs bc the reduced crit damage received, reduced chance to be crit, and parry RAs outweigh the stat benefits or in terms of chance to crit vs reduced chance to be crit the actual defensive RA get's a larger reduction than the amount gained by speccing offensively. The difference between str does not provide a huge improvement in your damage at low levels. Spec all the way into renown or str and check your tool tip damage then respec so you have no extra points in str. Chances are it's a difference of under 30 damage.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 4:27PM clippedwings said

T3 is much bigger than T2, but, since you can get 2x your level in renown ranks you'll see alot of RR60+ characters running around. If I were you I'd start posting on the gorfang server forums, to get to know the community better.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 8:40PM tsavonglah said

@clippedwings
I would avoid the gorfang server forums tbh I used to be a regular there but now its just epeen flaunting between malice and whoever on order thinks they are good now.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 5:08PM Deadalon said

Sounds to me like OP has found the reason WAR failed. PPL are not so stupid to pay for unbalanced servers where 1 faction is dominating. So... Thats not RVR - its zerg against the stupid that still are playing that server.

War has so many issues regarding the core game systems. But in truth - it really doesn't matter since the devs working on the game are some of the worst ever group of ppl that have ever worked on a MMO game .. like ever. And when you look at the history ... you see most of the devs left long long time ago - just for those that are not skilled enough to get another job to pick up their check while doing absolutly nothing.

Worst game in the sub market atm ? Without a doubt.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 6:55PM MtthwRddl said

The developers should just scrap 2/3 of the tier 2 forts. That'd force all the players into one area for true RvR.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 1:45AM (Unverified) said

Tried the game and the PVP is horrible!! If you weren't royalty I don't think you'd be having as good as a time as you are Eliot.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 1:45AM (Unverified) said

Sorry meant PVE...

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 1:59AM Waaafreak said

Theres 2 ways people seems to rank up in WAR. They either take the lazy option and ride the zerg and avoid opposition like was explained, or they join whats called a "gank group" usually a 6 man group following the opposition zerg picking their fights, doing ambushes and killing "stragglers". Being in the same zone as an opposition zerg grants AAO which gives the gank groups 4x the xp and renown points in most cases. Gank grouping is awesome fun. I've led 6 man gank groups that have decimated a warbands back line of healers and then proceeded to kill every single member of the zerg.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 4:23AM EgoPoisoning said

The monthish I spent on WAR very much supported the merry-go-round OVR model. I joined a pretty excellent (mostly British) guild, and our method was to follow the OVR lakes that were about to pop (using scouts from the guild who were questing/leveling in each region) and going wherever A) Order wasn't and B) the area had either just reset or was at risk of being lost.

Overall, the kind of OVR I played did seem to favor Destruction slightly, but it's also important to note that Order was doing the same thing we were; so you have this situation where one side gets on a lake as soon as it pops, and the other side grabs the next one...and at every -x- interval, the two sides happen to meet up.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 5:15AM nevin said

T2 on the US servers always seemed dead to me but I am from the UK so even though I played from 9pm-2am (gmt) there never seemed to be anything going on.
When the EU servers moved from GOA I switched and it's been much better (for me); not perfectly balanced in numbers sure, but I don't expect that.
You do see the zone ballet thing going on but there are a lot more confrontations in T2, invariably in empire more than the other two zones.

Last time I was in T2 was a couple of days ago on my baby zealot and Order put up a good defence in dwarf. Took us a couple of rams to get in.

This game could always use more people but even on quiet moments it's still the best pvp game out there (imo) and brilliant fun.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 1:37PM Valdamar said