Posted: Jul 13th 2011 10:08AM b3n said

Is this game good?

I played in the closed beta (I'm in the UK) but I didn't really get into it... wasn't quite the game I was expecting.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 10:29AM dudemanjac said

@JohnLane

Unless something changed since I was in beta, the only things being sold in the cash shop were xp boosters, skill resets and items that cnabe gotten in game. Are you seeing something contrary to that?

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 11:01AM fallwind said

@JohnLane so you keep saying... got an in-game example? Specific ships/upgrades that you can buy for cash that are better than anything you can get in game?

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 12:15PM drsinister said

@JohnLane, I have been testing Black Prophecy since Day 3 of NA CBT start date, and did OBT for a short while (was lvl 39 out of 40) now back in release, the Cash Shop is not a Pay to Win Cash Shop, it has XP boost, Paint, and Crafting and Modding enhancers, which the crafting and modding may give a paying customer a little but more advantage to get the Crit item, but is still not that big of a boost. A skilled pilot that knows how to fly and use their tactics can out beat any pilot that has all Crit crafted gear on. It does take skill in this game be good at PvP.

Also there is no equipment in the Cash Shop to buy. So everyone has the same items to get in game.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:50PM Azaetos said

@drsinister. Interesting that you say you have been beta testing the game. It was Black Prophecy you were testing wasn't it? because the cash shop is broken and it is pay to win. Don't even get me started on the 'slot machine' type crafting system where you purchase enhancers.

This cash shop in this game is a train wreck at the moment. The game itself is enjoyable, but as soon as you go up against someone with crit modded upgrades then your going to be completely at a disadvantage in PvP. Also the fact that you can put high level mods on lower level gear does not help make the game enjoyable for new players.

Personally I have no problem paying for games, but the cash shop in this one needs to be completely overhauled.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 6:07PM drsinister said

@Azaetos

Yeah it is crazy that you can put High Level Mods into a Low Level item, just like I did with having an Alt that had lvl 40 Engines so that my Main toon with Crit Craft lvl 5 engines could have lvl 40 mods on it.

But yes, a Crit crafted Ship that has the same pilot skill as another player w/o crit crafted gear will lose, but that is not always the case, I have had an Alt that was non crit crafted gear easily take on other pilots with some crit gear and won. This game does rely on your actual piloting skills.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:37PM enamelizer said

WTB "Block commenter" feature.

On topic, I am curious how this game is. Looks entertaining.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 4:56PM C Rose said

@JohnLane

Massively, please ban this guy. He trolls and posts his non-sense on almost every single article. He spews out his intentionally misspelled and crude gibberish and it's annoying everyone in the community.

Also community members please "FLAG" him every time you see one of his asinine posts.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 4:57PM C Rose said

@fallwind

Don't bother responding to him man. He's a pestilence on this stie like Puremallace was. (I think he's been banned finally)

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 5:41PM Rhazes said

Having trouble targeting with Xbox360 controller. Its very jumpy, I'm going to keep looking for a fix.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 11:07PM Keeop said

@Rhazes I've had a hard time getting a joystick to work smoothly as well. Then again, tonite I was rubber-banding so bad I couldn't tell which way the enemy gate was anyway. I want to like this game though, so I'll turn my patience up a bit :)

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:10AM Keeop said

@Rhazes So I abandoned the joystick and went with a 360 controller. Basically swapped one set of problems out for another. Did you ever find any new info? Seems like controllers and this game aren't friends yet.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge