Posted: Jul 13th 2011 7:51PM Krelian said

Oh, this could be a nice replacement for Eve, it seems like a go..... oh wait:

"and the "station walking" expansion in 2012 that will allow players to get out of their cockpits and go hang out in bars or furnish their own apartments."

Ooook, nothing to see here, move along.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 12:16AM deluxe2000 said

@Krelian
lol!

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 7:58PM (Unverified) said

LOL how about you work on the installer for the game? I don't want to have to download five codecs just to then download the installer and it tell me to put in a disc that I obviously don't have.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 9:04PM Lateris said

@(Unverified) Is that in Windows 7 64bit?

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 10:03PM (Unverified) said

@Lateris Yes.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 3:22AM Lateris said

@(Unverified) Ya I had to download all five to my "download" folder. Then I made a new folder on my desktop and moved all five to the new folder and ran the setup.exe.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 8:06PM Graill440 said

Folks need to read the Euro forums in regards to F2P verse paying subs and what they have access to for everything including pvp and equipment. These folks need to print the whole article instead of just what looks good for their purposes.

The quote "Black Prophecy is truly free to play, allowing non-paying gamers to access the same content and same weapons, items, etc. without spending a cent – they just have to invest more time." is misleading. You will NOT have access to the same things paying players do, and there is a reason for that.

They are there to make money, do yourself a favor, research before buying into the hype. (Shakes head)

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 9:49PM Anatidae said

@Graill440 I was wondering about that. I experienced the beta for a while and at first it was fun, it didn't have lasting appeal.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 8:20AM Azaetos said

@Graill440 Absolutely. lol ... I think Patrick Streppel needs to actually become even remotely familiar with the people playing the game and perhaps even read the Black Prophecy forums.

The comments regarding the cash shop are so out of whack with reality it just amazes me.

Basically a decent game ruined by a poorly implemented cash shop. Other methods have been suggested on their forums, but Gamigo is determined to stick with what they have.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 3:56PM (Unverified) said

Well I downloaded them again. I'll use your suggestion and see what happens.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 3:32AM Sente said

@JohnLane

So all "F2P" games are failures and subscription-based games (with in-game shops?) even worse?

You do not make much sense these, I think. I would suggest that you qualify your opinions with more details where the failure is.

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 12:57PM Lateris said

So I logged in last night and I felt like I was back in the old days of freelancer and even Earth and Beyond. I enjoyed myself very much. I don't expect this game to be the holy grail of space games because it is at an early stage but I am going to stick with it and see how it evolves. For me it has the combat style I really enjoy for this type of space combat at an early stage. And I do like the having to mount a turret at times. Everything is going free to play now so I am adding it to my collection of on my hard drive.

Posted: Jul 17th 2011 11:04PM (Unverified) said

@Lateris By the way. Your suggestion worked, but now most people in Prologue are dealing with lag issues. Supposedly, there is gonna be a patch this coming week to fix that, but with the amount of players I don't know. Thanks anyway!

Posted: Jul 14th 2011 6:40PM iowahawkeyedave said

@JohnLane When you have to make an argument by saying "all" in it, it pretty much means your logic is flawed.

LOTRO is F2P, pretty sure its not of lower quality and mcdonalds like in flavor.

Posted: Jul 15th 2011 1:31AM Kynmarcher said

So yet again another company releases an MMO that is not available in Australia, and furthermore, they don't mention this anywhere. Keep in mind saying US client means jack because there are several MMOs out there (such as World of Warcraft for example) where Australians can connect to and play on US servers.

If they want to release a new MMO that is US only then fine, no big deal, but at least have the decency to tell players before they spend a chunk of their monthly limit downloading the game,

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM