Posted: Jul 12th 2011 9:09PM Raikulxox said

@Sock66 You must be confusing FFXI for FFXIV. FFXI is actually a decent game. Played it for years, and would come back if I felt like paying another subscription.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 9:29PM Irem said

New automaton attachments! Oh man, I kind of want to resub just to go get them...

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 10:49PM Khalus said

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 3:59PM Duckman435 said

@Khalus

"Appears to be a great update... Looking forward to returning once the account merger/new payment options become available in late July/early Aug."

What new payment options are they looking to implement? Is it just Yearly with a reduced rate or something more?

I ask because I haven't played in a year, but with all the dedication I've seen pumping life into it, I am intrigued to jump back in.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 4:22PM Khalus said

@Duckman435

Well the PlayOnline payment system is going away. Still have to load it up to start XI, but I'm sure it'll be severely stripped down. We'll be merging our FFXI accounts permanently to the new SE Accounts system started with FFXIV last year.

And in that, there are new payment options, through multiple sources, Click n' Buy {though I hear they're iffy}, and Ultimate Pay, that has an option through Paypal, and dozens of other options. In turn you can also buy the new SE Crysta using one of these payment methods and use that to pay the monthly fee.

Its great for me, and I'm tons of others that havn't been able to bypass that stupid 3D Secure that was added a few years ago. I've been trying to play for the last year but can't due it. Now I can just buy Crysta through Paypal which is linked with my Debit Card and Bank Account. Don't need a CC anymore...

To top this all off, I bought 10,000 Crysta last year for FFXIV and never have used any of it. That alone should be about 7.5mo already paid for! for...

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 11:53PM Addfwyn said

@Sock66 FFXI was, and remains, relatively popular. Still have tons of fond memories that make me consider going back.

Heck, even XIV still has people that play it, I have quite a few friends interested.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 2:26AM real65rcncom said

I should have never left this game years ago.

Still kicking backside.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 6:20AM avidlurker said

Hm this actually nicely demonstrates the dilemma a player faces in choosing an MMO.

One can never know what the future brings.

In the case of FFXI players I guess congratulations are in order.
You seem to have chosen a well maintained and gracefully aging game.

Same goes for the GuildWars players.

Seems I missed out on two great titles.
Now just how to tell if any upcoming title will turn out to be the same sort of classic?^^

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 6:43AM SquallRinoa89 said

Good game, good changes however i've been using 2048x2048 background textures for years.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 8:43AM Nenene said

I love you, FFXI

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 9:20AM Terical said

Without having to go into regedit the being able to place the background textures at 2048x2048 is a welcome. I only wonder if they the game more stable for the 64 bit version of Windows, I am aware that is runs on it, but I still get blinking bricks in bastok lines going through grounds and certain buildings. Most importantly they should start using Direct X11.

At the moment I'm just back and forth with this game, saw the list does look like a good changes have been made. Just not completely certain if i want to go back for good.

Posted: Jul 16th 2011 5:51PM StBlackjack said

@Terical That's weird, I haven't had any trouble with the 64 bit version of Windows. Granted, I /am/ using Windows 7 which might be more stable. The only problem I've had with the game since re-joining is that PlayOnline wouldn't work at first, but that's because I did not have the W7 version. I wonder what's causing the problems for you.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 11:23AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
It's funny XI is still hands down better then XIV, it seems more feasible to completely update XI, then fix that train wreck. Honestly SE doesn't deserve any business due to the horrible joke that is FFXIV.

Hit em where it hurts