Posted: Jul 12th 2011 8:31PM Fakeassname said

• 1 heart
any word on when the game will actually be playable?

I logged in three times since the combat update wen't live and haven't been back, the game is simply unplayable to me until they reduce the HP of NPC opponents to a reasonable level. since Icarus bans non- subscribers from using their forums I can't even track the progress of this issue and what responses the developers have made .... if any.

... all that I could gather from what little responses the GMs gave in game was that they are of the mindset that "the players are wrong, everything we did was entirely reasonable, now go back to dumping five clips into a mob 1/2 your level."

I really would like to go back to this game and sub for real, but the ball is in their court for now.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 8:36PM MtthwRddl said

@Fakeassname Did you read the blog post? Where the developer clearly points out that the extra HP on the mobs was not intentional and that they are working to fix it?

Or do you expect them to give a firm date, time, and weather forecast for when the unintentional hp buff will be changed?

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 8:38PM Plastic said

@Fakeassname

You may want to just read the dev blog.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 11:02PM josephwillmon said

@Fakeassname Uh, yeah, that was not our decision. Our bad.

The combat changes ramped up the HP of all players, which inadvertently affected the HP values of NPCs that didn't have their HPs hard-coded (most of them). This was located over the weekend, corrected, tested, and implemented yesterday morning.

The *intentional* change I think you're referring to was NPC resists; basically, prior to the Alpha County patch all NPCs were resisting as though they were newbie fodder, resulting in the game being far too easy. When this change went into place at the same time as the accidental HP buff, it took us about a day or so to sort through the "the game is too hard now!" complaints and deduce that they weren't actual responses to the combat update -- just the HP bug.

If anyone explicitly defended the HP increase, then I apologize -- that should not have been the case.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 11:26PM Fakeassname said

@josephwillmon

Apology accepted, I guess, it is kinda a sad summary of the game development industry that having a developer fess up to a mistake makes me feel all weirded out, even though that's exactly what I just asked for.

any ETA for a fix on when the all the "miss" floaters that pop instead of the actual damage the player takes? minor annoyance to be sure, but as a Melee character I likes fighting in 3rd person because it gives me a better situational awareness and those floaters give me real good feedback as to if / when I need to pop off a a stun and heal.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 11:40PM josephwillmon said

@Fakeassname Not yet, but it's one of the two big ones we're addressing now.

And while I'm replying at you...Hailan Rising and Fallen Earth are completely different games, and have nothing in common but how the servers handle tons of players on the same shard ;)

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 12:34AM Fakeassname said

@josephwillmon

I still cant help but to envision how Fallen Earth had "islands" of content clustered around towns, with an "ocean" of wasteland separating them.

the wizard outfit was cool looking though.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 1:06AM Fakeassname said

@josephwillmon

while Have you "ear" so to speak: my #2 issue with this patch is that NPCs now respawn exceptionally fast and wander all over the place with much higher argo ranges.

"on noes! the enermies actually wander around and attacks!" seems like a really weird complaint, but on missions that require players to retrieve an item / kill a boss that is burred within a herd of mobs it's really not all that fun to trudge through a dogpile. do you guys think you could take another look at the respawn timers and mob density in relation to the increased difficulty and subsequent "time to kill" for each enemy?

in my (limited) combat experiences with the game post patch I had more than situation where I attacked one mob, had a another mob agro in the middle of the first fight, and by the time I killed them both and bent down to loot 'em the first mob had already respawned and wandered back into agro range.

this is about as un-soloable as you can get in a MMO and one of the major elements I liked about FE was the ability to wander out of town on my own. getting the HP bug fixed will effect this type of situation, but even then with the increased difficulty of the CU it's still going to be quite hard for social/crafting type players to get much of anything done without a walking siege engine babysitting them through things.

hard is good when it's rewarding, however being forced into either playing a type of character you don't want to (combatant) or relying on begging someone to walk you through content / luck in being able to find another player who needs the exact same quest is not "hard."

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 8:34PM MtthwRddl said

I think it's cool that the developers are listening but I really wonder if the changes to combat, intended or not, were needed at all. Perhaps the game was easier but plenty of people enjoyed the game at that level of difficulty and plenty of people have been playing the game at that level of difficulty for quite a while now.

It strikes me odd to why the developers are fixing the glaring issues with NPC difficulty now and now 6 months ago. Part of me wonders if it has to do with the F2P change, even if the change doesn't have an ETA yet.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 11:03PM josephwillmon said

@MtthwRddl These are changes that the Fallen Earth team were working on long before G1 was even a twinkle on the horizon :)

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 9:48PM alucard3000 said

Dont rely on Gamers 1st to not fail on communicating with the players of the game if and when it stops making them money.They seemed to have dropped Taikodom(which the last we heard was supposed to be doing a cb ist half of the year) like a hot rock when their new cash cow APB came thru and now this game.I dont blame them for putting their priorities to stuff that was going to keep funding them but the way they did it just sucks-they just stopped communicating in the Taikodom forums,no community updates just silence with everyone that was following wondering what was going on.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 4:40AM Snichy said

@alucard3000. That does seem quite accurate. The communication was fantastic for APB and now.....nothing. Now we know why: they are concentrating of Fallen Earth. APB isn't even out of OB and already the silence is deafening. I realise they're busy but if you cant find even one person to communicate with all your games playerbase, maybe you are over stretching yourselves as spreading yourselves too thin will only end in empty servers due to unresolved issues.

Posted: Jul 13th 2011 10:36AM Aluminio said

So far the HP problem on mobs was fixed some days ago, ppl was killing mobs with 3-4 headshoots again

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM