Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:26AM Khalus said

The thought of what Vanguard would/could become if SOE gave it this much love & attention...le sigh

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:47AM Yellowdancer said

• 1 heart
@Khalus

No one wants to play it. Give it up.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 8:34PM ed511df3 said

@Yellowdancer The issue has never been soley "People don't want to play it." The issue was that the game was virtually abandoned from the start, making people people not want to play. That in turn made SOE give less attention to the game, which in turn made to less people wanting to play... You see how it's a vicious cycle. A cycle that was SOE's fault.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 6:13AM Daelen said

@ed511df3
No, launching horribly broken meant people didn't want to play it and never came back. Those that stayed aren't enough to fund growth so... it's pop dropped. Great game today, but still semi broken and definitely not casual.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 12:14PM bobfish said

I will return for the Beastlord :)

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 12:33PM Carolina said

Thank you for reporting all this!

I am still not sure I understand these "tradeskill apprentices" though. They are NPCs that craft for you?

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 1:43PM pcgneurotic said

My God, the scope and ambition here, it's breathtaking! I feel like I'm dreaming - it's like some 'fantasy patch notes' thing. Well, I'm as EQ as they come, so all I want to say is hooray, and bring it on! :D

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 2:45PM VikingGamer said

Most impressive.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 2:56PM BaronJuJu said

That is quite a list of updates coming up soon. This is game changing but in a great way. Way to go EQ2 team!

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 3:42PM ElfLove said

Oh...wow...just...

They are gonna give us everything we asked for...ever. @_@

SOE I think I love you.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 3:47PM Irem said

All of this makes me want to give it another try. Maybe when I can throw a little money at unlocking fae.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 9:10PM (Unverified) said

I love the scoreboard idea for housing, even if there are way more talented people out there designing than me. *sadface*
The housing is really a major sell point for me in EQ2. I wish it did more so people used it more (like have home invasions a visitor could help fend off, while exploring a house!)
Also from the wire: " Tenebrous Island Refuge — an empty floating island with 2 waterfalls — completely empty lot for players to built from the ground up"
YES! No more having to "break out" ?? Sign Me UP!!

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 1:31AM Nucleon said

SOE has always been big on hype, bad on delivery, so I remain skeptical. BUT, if they can create a dungeon finder that works, polish up the AA system, make it possible to find friends to level with, and make meaningful challenging end game content, then I will definitely sign up again.

So I'm skeptical, but with fingers crossed.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM