Posted: Jul 11th 2011 1:20PM NeverDeath said

• 1 heart
Couldn't be worse than the original; One of the worst balanced AoS maps I've ever played - and I've played a lot of them.

The only thing I can give the original DotA credit for, is that some of their trigger-based spells were very well done and almost ingenious. Beyond that, I liked a lot of AoS maps a thousand times better than DotA. People also forget that DotA wasn't the first of its kind, it all came from Aeon of Strife and Tides of Blood, but they did make a lot of innovations, so for that I give them credit; Unfortunately the game was ruined by a number of cheeseball heroes that if played by anyone with an IQ above the double-digits, was unstoppable by anyone but another of those cheeseball heroes. I also disliked the heavy emphasis placed on items; It cheapened the experience further, for me.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 1:34PM NeverDeath said

@(Unverified)

Yeah, I didn't like the game enough to get into the tournaments/ladders. Like I said, there were a number of AoS maps that I felt were more balanced, and less centered around the items as the main source of your character's power. I especially liked AoS maps that weren't strictly about hero vs hero combat, but that also focused on leading and supporting troops, or purchasing upgrades. These maps gave a lot of interesting tactics and strategies that standard "Hero arena" AoS maps did not. EotA, Eternal Conflict and others were a lot more fun to me.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 4:34PM slash beast said

• 1 heart
WOOHOOO!!

Can't wait to FINALLY see it in action. SO excited.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 5:53PM NeverDeath said

• 1 heart

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 5:00AM Addfwyn said

@(Unverified) I dunno, I've enjoyed LoL much more than I ever enjoyed dota. There's mechanics I think that have just made it more fun, but as somebody who really likes casters, that may have something to do with it.

That isn't saying that dota 2 can't push itself forward too, but if it's just standalone dota with a revamped engine...well, that was basically HoN.