Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:41AM Saker said

According to what little is currently on the website the world is destroyed by earthquakes? Err... Ok.... But skill system always sounds good to me! Be curious to see what features this will have that compete (if it can) with Fallen Earth.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:58AM Kitanishi said

@Saker
Thats not actually all that unplausible.

The biggest recorded 9.5 earthquake was followed by dozens of tsunami waves and other things as well as other earthquakes following it. IF an earthquake more powerful than that were to happen, it could theoretically cause a chain of earthquakes through entire world, followed by tsunami waves everywhere.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 5:23PM (Unverified) said

@Saker

There's also been a couple of theories ventured that rampant climate change could also lead to differing temperatures in the magma beneath the earth's relatively thin crust, which could then change the flows and currents therein, leading to an increased likelihood of earthquakes. So yeah, it's a plausible takeoff of a post-apocalyptic world going by that little tidbit.

/Readingrainbowthemoreyouknow

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 3:38PM (Unverified) said

So excited for this game, could be a hit if it is like what I think it's like.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 3:46PM mechanicalturk said

Looks cool. I am a sucker for post-apoc third-person shooters. I am definitely enjoying my return to Fallen Earth. With both of them being f2p, I am looking forward to doing the comparison.

I do hope the PVP is as pervasive as they make it sound. I know it's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but storyline's like this just scream for a violent struggle for resources and survival in a mostly lawless environment. It would seem almost silly, if PVP is not the main method for securing valuable resources.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 7:06PM Space Cobra said

Sure, why not? There is room in the MMO pool for this.

Hope to give both Fallen Earth and this game a try.

And heck, maybe Fallout may eventually "make it to the prom"? (But I keep seeing an endless supply of flat tires puncturing their goal to be named "King/Queen of the Post-Apolcalyptic MMO Prom/Dance/BBQ/MtG:Card Game"

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 4:42AM Snichy said

The (few) details available for this mean I wait with anticipation for release, however I was just as eager for Black Prophecy from Gamigo and that turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. Fingers crossed it wont be all instanced as I do like open world third person shooters.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014