Posted: Jul 11th 2011 10:54AM Dumac said

The video is a bit straining on the eyes, i don't know why, the camera moves too fast ant it may be that it was recoded at less than 20 FPS trying to push visual quality. And the game does look gorgeous.

But anyway, unrestricted movement is great. It's great fun to climb stuff, cats figured it out ages ago.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 8:41AM (Unverified) said

@Dumac
Core i7 920 4x2 cores @ 4,2ghz overclocked.
Nvidia 560gtx o.c'ed @ 900 fsb (from 800).
6gb ddr3 1500mhz o.c'ed ram
This location is the most unoptimized and demanding location of the entire game. If you move by horse - you get freezes each second. If you run - each few seconds. If you walk - you almost don't get any freezes. If I was to show the full footages, it would be creepy as hell. Give me some other videos with no lags, with people running through marionople with no lags :) However, I did not have less than 30 fps in the game even with fraps turned on. The graphics run good, but they load and load.. and load and load.. and load and load and load all the time.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 10:54AM epilepticemu said

Wow, really nice scope in the city.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 10:54AM Kitanishi said

Its most likely because for some reason the fall damage has been turned off.

OVerall if one falls from that height it would cause a good splat :)

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:01AM EndDream said

I am literally salivating!

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:10AM (Unverified) said

Odd that they chose the Theatrical Soundtrack for Conan for the video....

Reminds me a bit about how Vanguard looked compared to the other MMOs of its time, hopefully this one ends up being a lot better.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:13AM 10thDoctor said

+1 for Conan the Barbarian soundtrack, lol. I need to go dig that out. Used to listen to it in the car all the time.....

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:13AM Raikulxox said

I wonder if it's where the games in closed beta, or are they gonna keep some of the interior spaces that empty?

The outside of the buildings look nice, though. Reminds me of Lineage 2.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:19AM Scin said

It's nice to see a city that is scaled to real life (or close to it). I am tired of such tiny cities that are supposed to be home to an empire but lack the space and housing (even better when AA lets you build your own houses).

I really hope that all buildings can be entered and are furnished too, a pet peeve of mine is when you can only enter three buildings in a city(an already tiny city) and all the other ones are completely closed off.

AA looks like it has a great world and great sandbox features, I just hope they can pull off great sandbox combat too.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 1:33PM jeremys said

@Scin You have made my week. I want more than "painted rocks". I want buildings you can go inside of and up and down stairs in.

Buildings you can go inside of are so much more than a tiny little graphical tweak. By allowing us the feeling and interactivity with architecture, games increase the amount of depth and immersion ten-fold.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:20AM Scin said

@JohnLane

Do you purposely spell things wrong to get attention?

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 11:40AM Jade Effect said

Can't say I'm impressed by games that favor quantity over quality.

There are many buildings, but the tower and the mansion-like building the character entered subsequently feels very empty. No furniture or NPCs, just bare-bones four walls, doors and stairs. Is there a point to having all those buildings?

I rather have towns that have a few important buildings that conveniently place all the amenities and NPCs within easy reach, than to have huge towns that have many buildings for the sake of having many buildings.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 12:07PM fallwind said

@Jade Effect I wasn't aware the game was already finished. Silly me, I thought they still had development time to implement things like furniture.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 12:21PM (Unverified) said

@Jade Effect Game's in closed beta, not finished.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 1:27PM Irem said

@Jade Effect
"Is there a point to having all those buildings?"

In a sandbox game? Probably. We don't know whether those are just unfinished spaces or if players will actually be able to do things with those buildings.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 12:20PM (Unverified) said

Whoever recorded this video has a shit PC.

Posted: Jul 12th 2011 8:38AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
Core i7 920 4x2 cores @ 4,2ghz overclocked.
Nvidia 560gtx o.c'ed @ 900 fsb (from 800).
6gb ddr3 1500mhz o.c'ed ram
1 hdd drive.
Oh, and to note, this location is the most unoptimized and demanding location of the entire game. If you move by horse - you get freezes each second. If you run - each few seconds. If you walk - you almost don't get any freezes. If I was to show the full footages, it would be creepy as hell. Give me some other videos with no lags, with people running through marionople with no lags :)

You sir, did not play the game, and you have got no idea where and why it lags. So why post?

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 1:07PM (Unverified) said

@Scin I'm starting to think he does. I report every single one of his posts. It's insulting to the rest of us.

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 2:19PM Turbana said

@(Unverified)

If you have Greasemonkey, I give you Troll-B-Gone: http://pastebin.com/iKfSacz1

Posted: Jul 11th 2011 2:56PM Lateris said

Will there be player crafted cities?

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM