Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:10PM Towdon2 said

I started playing RoM about a year ago, i kept playing because i liked how it was kinda like wow yet different to the point that it was interesting and since i was tired of wow I gave it a shot, I dont really have a favorite class but I guess since I was a Knight / priest that would be it.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:16PM (Unverified) said

I started playing in Beta, then drifted off to other games. I recently started playing again to see how the game has changed. I enjoy the ranged classes the most.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:23PM (Unverified) said

Played RoM from early beta up till the last Chapter. I love the new update and would love to come back. It's a great game with tons of content.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:24PM xero8p said

About to start playing, so many games so little time lol

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:25PM bgodbgg said

Played about a year ago and it was pretty fun especially for a FTP game. I really liked how people could gift items so if you were good with making money in game you could still get cash shop items.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:36PM StringBoi said

I've been playing RoM since beta as well, and have continued to play on and off. It's great to play to get the WoW feeling, without all the WoW drama. I'm glad to see the game is still doing well after all this time....and very glad to see them partnering up with SteelSeries. I own several of their products already....and would love to own a few more! (hint hint)

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:49PM Caskio said

i started bout a year ago and have been playing off and on. I like it because of the graphics and it is F2P. I really enjoy my Knight/Priest.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 2:58PM (Unverified) said

We used to play RoM but my guild fell apart. I'm downloading it right now. I've been meaning to try it since all the new changes. Now I have a reason :)

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:15PM UnknownUser said

I browsed the website once.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:17PM (Unverified) said

I started playing ROM a few years, and have been playing off an on. Once they come out with the browser based ROM i think ill start playing a ton. My favorite class is the knight.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:21PM notinterested said

Played for a while, loved the dual class system hated that it just meant 2x the grind.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:28PM DevilSei said

I drift in and out to be honest. I was in the beta, played, stopped, played, stopped. Its a nice game to just drop into every once in a while. Its a WoW clone to be sure, but at least its a good one, and it has enough unique mechanics in it to keep it from being stale.

The dual-class system with unique skills given to what you choose for the combinations is also pretty fancy, and a nice touch, a way to show your class really is a combination.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:31PM NeverDeath said

I played it for awhile but since the game doesn't support vertical sync (and is the only game I can recall in the last 10 years that does not) it will have screen tearing issues on any computer, something especially noticeable against building textures which for some reason seem to tear more often than not, and much more often than anything else.

That, coupled with the way the terra-morphing terrain as it comes into view really cut down on my enjoyment of the game. It's a shame because in a lot of ways it was fun, but you couple these vastly subpar aspects of its technical proficiency with a pay-to-win model and you've got a recipe for shameful mediocrity. It was very close to being a great game, and it's still pretty good for a free to play game, these grievances aside - but without them, it could be much more than just another F2P game. Unfortunately because of these issues, it remains what it always was.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:48PM Unit 23 said

I'll take the head set.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 4:09PM variance said

I started playing with the release of Chapter II. It was my first experience with an f2p MMO. The heavy burden of the cash shop was felt. Despite spending enough money to pay a half a year in subscription fees to other games, I couldn't put a dent in the cost of what it takes to be competitive in the game. The cash shop isn't about convenience, it is absolutely required because you need the items from it to do dungeons. The token shop is just way too expensive as an actual alternative.

I quit quickly after I reached max level and returned around Chapter 3 only to leave again when I found out it didn't get any better, and even got worse. I haven't returned with Chapter 4.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 4:16PM Azimn said

I started playing Runes of Magic in Beta and have played it off and on. I found the game to be fun and even bought a few things in the cash shop. My sister played it quite a lot too and RoM was a great way to stay in touch with her. Currently like I said I play off and on with a friend or my wife and I am still enjoying the game quite a bit.
I really enjoyed the mage and the scout but also had fun with druid and warden too.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 4:25PM (Unverified) said

Started playing ROM with my now ex-girlfriend, then continued playing a little more and sometimes I go back every now and again just to see what's up.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 4:31PM Khalus said

I've played it quite extensively in the past, but lately only log in once a week or so, and have enjoyed many of its features...

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 4:31PM MMOaddict said

If I wasn't more of a WoW player or Lotro player, RoM would be my next favorite. However, I do dabble in it from time to time. It's just very similar to what's already out there so it doesn't hold me for very long as other games do it a tad better.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 4:34PM Spyder2k5 said

I started playing with my fiancee in the very first closed beta. I was, at one point, one of the volunteer forum mods. Love this game, they have done a great job meshing the best features into a single game for everyone to enjoy.

I love playing as a Mage/Priest, and the constant great features keep me coming back always something new.