Posted: Jul 8th 2011 6:11PM Mr Angry said

What is the name of the song that you hear if you go to the ministrel trainer in Thorin's Hall (among other places) , it's a great tune. Sounds like an Oboe, really mellow?

Goes

Dum De Dum De Dum De Dum
Dum Diddly De Dum De Dum
Dum De Dum De Dum De Dum
Dum Diddly De Dum De Dum

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 6:38PM Lenn said

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 8:37PM Mr Angry said

@Lenn This it's, thanks so much!

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 6:18PM Lenn said

The Hollin Gate is one of my absolute favourites. I'm listening to it now and getting goosebumps. One that's not on your list that I love as well is Baruk Khazad, even though it's very short. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFxamaQ4bg

Where did you get those CDs? Were they the ones that came with the collector's editions? I have the SoA collector's edition, but mine didn't come with a CD. I would give my right... well, okay, my left arm to get them.

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 6:23PM Lenn said

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 6:43PM real65rcncom said

This is why when people say "Why would anyone buy boxes in this day and age? Why don't they just get digital dloads?, I smile.

I have the AION, Final fantasy soundtracks too.

Loading them in games that aren't as fun to play makes them much better instead of listening to rock and roll or something else.

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 7:50PM Gryphmon said

I would have added to the .list the theme that is played as you go through the trollshaws.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:29AM Lenn said

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 1:15PM Lenn said

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 8:49PM MMOaddict said

Agree with them all except Far Ahead the Road is Gone. After hearing WoW's awesome intro music through the years, I'm always disappointed by how LOTRO's intro music sounds. And not because of hearing it all the time. I truly have always rushed through that screen because the music drove me nuts.

Love the rest though. Hollin gate is one of all time favs. There is one that plays in Eregion...when you are in the southern section that blows me away, but it's not always constant. I don't know the name of it though.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:43AM Lenn said

@MMOaddict Is it this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC2gPQnYh98

I love that one.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 3:45AM Lenn said

@Lenn It's only the first part, if that's the one you're referring to.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 11:28AM MMOaddict said

@Lenn

Sweet, you found it! You're good at this. Thank you.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 11:29AM MMOaddict said

@MMOaddict
Ah, bummer it's only part of it, it seems to end at 0:43

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 10:27PM SupahGamuh said

I agree, part of what makes me like a game is it's soundtrack. For me, it's essentially important, just as the gameplay and the graphics. A powerful soundtrack can evoke many emotions, some can scare the shit out of you and there are some that are just too catchy. Those are the great soundtracks.

Lately, I've been playing quite a LOT of Age of Conan and it took me off guard on the soundtrack department. I wasn't expecting anything good or even decent, but damn, THIS is one of the greatest soundtracks I've ever heard in an MMO, or in any game for that matter.

I mean, just listen to this: http://youtu.be/uDx3frjt3O4 and tell me you didn't get the shivers while listening to it.

And frankly, I was a bit dissapointed by Lotro's soundtrack, with only a handful of good songs.

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 11:54PM Sorithal said

LotRO's music is truly beautiful and does an amazing job at adding to the immersion of the game. Most of those songs listed were ones I picked out from the digital soundtrack and put on my mp3 Player to listen to at times xD...

I swear, some of those songs are just so peaceful you could fall asleep to them.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 7:23AM jealouspirate said

LOTRO's music, and overall sound design, is one of the main reasons I love the game. The music just makes the already great landscapes ooze atmosphere. Not only that, but I constantly hear other awesome things like birds calling in the distance. The attention to detail in the sound is just so, so good.

I also love how some of the Shire and Bree happy, folksy tunes actually have things like people clapping and feet tapping. It's such a great touch. When I'm in the Shire, it doesn't feel like there's a soundtrack playing- it feels like Hobbits are playing music around me.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 11:32AM Elenluin said

All of these pieces are great, I listen to them on my mp3 player when I want something different.
All of Chance Thomas's pieces including his work for Quest for Glory 5 make really good listening.

One piece that should be added here is the Mirkwood theme, I really love it.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 11:37AM Elenluin said

@Elenluin Of course I hope we get to hear some inspiring music in Isengard too.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 12:18PM (Unverified) said

My favorite from LOTRO is definitely the Lonelands theme.