Posted: Jul 9th 2011 1:48PM (Unverified) said

The most interesting news in MMOs this week had nothing to do with MMORPGs.

Zynga published their S1 to go public and had to lift their skirts and show actual numbers. Turns out, in 2010 the king of F2P grossed $3.21 per active user per year.

Thats not even 1 month's subscription revenue for a bargain basement MMORPG. Think about the economics now of trying to take a classic MMORPG F2P..

Posted: Jul 10th 2011 1:14PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@(Unverified)
but, but it's the wave of the future. And I was just in the process accepting "the evolution of gaming"

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:16AM mattwo said

@HiroProtagonist7 Yes but it may wind up KILLING the MMO market. I wonder why SoE decided to let SWG die instead of making it F2P btw? Maybe for similar a reason?

On the other hand F2P with micro has always been sucessful in the past. Just look at Nexon and WeMade/Joymax etc.

My only beef with WeMade's plan is that the items in DBO are alot more expensive than it's Korean and Chinese counterpart: DRO.

I hope Joymax does not make a similar mistake in DMO.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:18AM mattwo said

@HiroProtagonist7 Also both Nexon and Joymax/Wemade sell non-cosmetic items, which is really annoying espcially in Digimon Battle, as the extra starters were FREE with events, not cash shop items.

Posted: Jul 9th 2011 6:14PM Elikal said

Hm. Can't say I like the guy. He is a tad too witty for my taste. And 1/4th of the vid about some fanmail and fanpics? Pft.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 2:50AM mattwo said

"Not missing megan fox" Was that a Dark of the Moon rib? :p

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:07AM mattwo said

I have ponyfied that death stare. I hope it makes the cut. :P

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:17AM mattwo said

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:18AM mattwo said

Is there a delete post button?!