Posted: Jul 7th 2011 5:18PM Cavadus said

Video won't load all of the way. I get to 25-75% and then it just stops. Same deal on the actual STO site.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 6:00PM Lateris said

They are going to merge all the zones into one? That will be fantastic!

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 7:12PM Meurik said

@Lateris Not "going to". Latest Ask Cryptic, they said they are gonna "Look into the possibility" of merging all the Sector Blocks, into one "Super Sector".

Would reduce the amount of loading for the players, allow seamless travel from anywhere in the known galaxy, without having to stop, answer "Do you wanna switch to this sector block?" and then re-set a course.

I would hope that this becomes a reality at some point, but likely 4-6 months down the line, atleast. Season 3 was launched in December 2010, and Season 4 was just launched today, making it a 7 month gap between Season Updates.

Now i'm just waiting for the actual "Content" update for Season 4.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 7:24PM Lateris said

@Meurik Thanks for clearing that up for me. I hope it all works out. I really like where this producer has led his team and vice versa

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 12:45AM chum said

I'm REALLY liking the new ground combat, picked up a minigun today and it's just fun. For anyone who was horribly disappointed by ground combat before (anyone that wasn't?), make a new trial account and check it out for yourself. No more dreading ground missions! yay!

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 10:46AM Lorell said

I still have old trial account, so I will check it out (ground combat). Wondering tho, if I've done "introducing" mission, can I re-take it and do again to check combat, coz I don't know if trial accounts can go take other mission beside this "introducing" one?

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 10:57AM Seldra said

If you ask me I think the Borg update was clunky, having to remodulate your weapons after 3 shots at a Borg mob irritating, the fact that it takes 10 secs each time to do so slows down the action. Hoping they balance this.

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 12:49PM Space Cobra said

I am really not a fan of many of those Perpetual ship designs, but even ugly options are options.

And yes, the Klingons need more love. Glad to hear some of it is coming, but the devs probably should spend one Season/Issue focusing on just that faction. They can alternate focus (one Season for Fed, the next for Klingon, the next for Fed, etc.) just to get some headway.

If/When Romulans are added in (I am betting on them more than Cards), this probably will be a bit of three-way focus. But for now, let's get things on the Klingon side squared away.