Posted: Jul 6th 2011 8:15PM (Unverified) said

Awwww Congrats on the wedding!

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 12:57AM TigersEye101 said

This podcast made me want to try Dawntide. It is downloading now! It kinda sounds like Mortal Online. I hope it has better combat than Mortal b/c I really love this type of fantasy sandbox game.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 1:08AM mechanicalturk said

@TigersEye101

My thoughts also. Dawntide looks compelling. I would be interested in your thoughts on the game. Maybe we can get a Massively mini-review of its current state ;)

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 1:48AM Vazzaroth said

Awesome, more Dawntide info! And the announcement of the "some assembly required" sounds great! I'll be looking forward to that column. Just last night I launched DT again to see if they fixed the flying rabbits glitch and ended up playing for like 2 hours. I'm about to try to find the feathers I need to write up my wood house deed right now actually....

PS: Gratz on the wife-ding!

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 3:54AM ArcherAvatar said

Really enjoyed the interview at the end, and the "Some Assembly Required" sounds like something worth checking out...

It's kind of a shame that Sandbox basically equates to "gankfest"... but that's how they are designed, and that's definitely how they are played. Eventually, some lucky developer studio is going to realize the tremendous financial potential of a sandbox game with a setting and atmosphere that is entirely focused on cooperative play style rather than griefing and ganking...

There are so many creative type players who want to immerse themselves in virtual building projects without all of the immaturity and ugliness that goes along with all of the previous sandbox titles I can think of. You would think that the success of "Minecraft" would give them a clue but, so far ..."Not yet..."

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 3:58AM ArcherAvatar said

Oh... gratz on completing the Fiance' questline too! Hope you chose the ring with +10 Stamina on it as a reward...

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 10:01AM Yellowdancer said

Congratulations on the wedding!

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 11:14AM Yellowdancer said

Oh, just to note about vanguard. The day SWG announced they were closing, one of the devs said Vanguard was starting to get a lot of buzz and attention internally. No idea what that means. I don't follow anything other than DCUO forums.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 12:07PM Xilmar said

Congratulations on the wedding!

Playing MMOs for a good one third of my life, I've come to the realisation that sandboxes can offer everything from challenges to rewards in a balanced way. It takes time and effort, but the satisfaction after completing a 2 week guild project is much grater than farming 10 bosses for slightly better numbers on your gear each and every week.
So I salute the new Some assembly required column o7.

Also, would love to see more DT info. It's a great game, with all the bugs and issues. The interview was great and hopefully WAI can keep the patches rolling. Another stream would be cool too.

Archer suggested the +10 stam ring, but I'd point towards the gloves with +10 diplomacy, maybe put an enchantment on them for +3 to bluff. You never know when those PR skills can come in handy.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 12:36PM (Unverified) said

Congratulations Shawn! See, you're getting some positive feedback, yay! I hope you two have fun in Terraria, it's a neat game. If you weren't aware, you can PVP with players or even non-consensual PVP via being buried in sand or explosives as two good examples. They're good ideas if you're feeling mischievous. ;P