Posted: Jul 7th 2011 2:51AM Rowlf said

I'm sorry, but I didn't think the trailer was that good.
Even though I'm looking forward to the Secret World, this trailer didn't really show me much other than that there will be monsters, and people can stand up to them (maybe I'm missing something?).
I've seen that before in previous trailers... Nice CGI tho :)

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 3:02AM keinohr said

• 1 heart
Not impressed at all. Okay, it's nice for a CGI B-Movie footage. Even the Hellgate London CGI had a greater impact. But CGIs for games are outdated. Just look at Heavy Rain, Tomb Raider, AC 3, BF3, etc. Ingame Sequences are the future.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 3:28AM Dunraven said

• Half a heart
Meh..want more TOR

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 3:45AM Gaugamela said

Did he kill the Kishin? MADNESS

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 11:51AM skulld4ddy said

@Gaugamela This is the first thing me and my friend thought.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 4:07AM Boojum said

So which faction do you have to play if you wanna be like that guy? John Constantine as channeled by Liam Neeson.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 5:33AM UnSub said

@Boojum He's Illuminati.

Name is Alex McCall and you can see him on the site: http://www.thesecretworld.com/

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 5:54AM Boojum said

@UnSub

Nice, thank you, I was leaning towards Illuminati to begin with, trailer just sealed it for me.

Looking forward to seeing what other familiar looking lore characters they put in the game.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 12:03PM (Unverified) said

@Boojum

While he's Illuminati, there's nothing saying you can't have his powers or his attitude while being a Templar or Dragon.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 4:08AM eLdritchZ said

I dunno.... the concept art, videos and whatnot for this game always look awesome... but as soon as they show me some ingame stuff I'm not impressed anymore... Sadly I think a game where I love the idea and the concept art but the game itself doesn't do it justice =/

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 4:50AM Snichy said

I wonder if he is the first person in computer game history to kill a monster with his penis hanging out?

I like the trailer and agree with people that CGI trailers aren't useful and tell you nothing about the game itself, but they do a good job of setting the mood and ambience of the game, which this trailer does perfectly. Remember, its not always what you see but what you don't see...! I'm SO hoping this lives up to my expectations!

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 5:42AM Interitus said

I don't undersand the hate for the CGI trailers. This game is built on mystery and secrets. I think it showed just enough to leave you wondering What the fuck... Which is exactly what you want. You want to know how he did those things, what that thing was, and what was going on with the mirror? You're not going to get the same quality we're seeing in TOR, TSW doesn't have the budget. But I think they are working well with what they do have.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 6:18AM Dirame said

• 1 heart
@Interitus

Considering we already know how he got the powers (a firefly flew into his mount) and that he's supposed to be owning monsters, none of those questions you seem to think should pop-up do actually pop-up. What you're left with when you see that trailer is a one eyebrow up and a check to see if the vid player just messed up 'cos you don't think that's supposed to be the end.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 6:34AM (Unverified) said

@Interitus

I think that this other video on the other hand shows enough that also the ingame graphics look awesome and has a great atmosphere, on par with AoC's graphics and maybe even better:

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 7:28AM Interitus said

@Dirame And yet they did pop up because I asked them. Most of the secret world marketing has been like this. None of the other trailers had conclusions. They just showed seemingly everyday people in normal situations (Okay a girl[woman?]alone in a playground at night isn't really normal but you get the idea) when suddenly they are faced with horrific monsters. And they know how to handle the situation.

I think because enough information has been released it's not as surprising as the first one. Which is why we saw strange things happening before seeing the monster.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 6:38AM Decanus said

@Fakeassname yhea funded and developed in-house by funcom a believe.

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 7:17AM Fabius Bile said

not bad, but too much Constantine-ish....hope they are more original...

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 7:25AM Mukit said

The one thing FunCom has down is MYSTERY. How did he light the cigarette? Were the butts in the ashtray shaped like a Japanese/Chinese character? And WTH was that mirror-trick?

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 8:10AM Sephirah said

Well, reading the above comments I really hope that this kind of trailers will keep away from TSW the hyperactive l33t kids.
Pewpew!!! We need more lazors!!!! I want KABOOOM!!!111"

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM