Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:13PM Irem said

Hoppy made me snicker every time I saw someone with him. I wish I'd gotten into RIFT enough to really start cranking on the collecting stuff, because man, some kind of magpie spirit must have possessed me the first time I saw a wee glittery thing on the ground. It was like every "MUST GET SHINY" synapse firing on all cylinders, especially once I found out you could get fuzzy things from collecting them. I guess I'm easy that way.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:14PM StClair said

Demon bunny! So cute! So hateful!

All he needs is a switchblade.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:18PM jeremys said

Heya Justin. Can you help out a fellow RIFTer and tell me how to access the special items from the Digital Collector's Edition. It seems to have automatically given me the special 24-slot satchel, but I have yet to see how to access my special Bogling Wastrel pet or the Ancient Tartagon mount.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:19PM WyattEarp89 said

@jeremys

It should be in your mailbox. Thats how I got my mount and pet from the collectors edition and some other goodies for being in the beta.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:21PM WyattEarp89 said

@WyattEarp89

And once you right click on them to add the pet and mount you just bring up your character sheet and go to the Mount and Companion tabs to access them.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:28PM Dril said

• 1 heart
@jeremys

Contact a GM.

It's that simple.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:32PM donweel said

@jeremys
You have to take the tokens in to the collector in Sanctum it completes a quest if I recall correctly, then you get the pet. The tokens are in your mail as said by Wyatt.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:14PM WyattEarp89 said

@donweel

The Bogling Wastrel pet you don't have to take it to any NPC to claim it. But yea you are correct, that one token that gives you a choice between 3 pets you have to the collector in the capital city of whichever faction you are playing.

Sorry I forgot about that token for those pets.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:22PM WyattEarp89 said

@WyattEarp89

Note: Sorry if this comes up twice, stupid work browser. ;(

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:28PM enamelizer said

I have never been into pets, but I must say I like them now. Hoppy was the one I really wanted but not willing to farm for, and happened to drop for me early in the game. I didn't even know Gritty Kitty existed until he dropped for me in the Chest of Riches I was buying for plaques. Got really lucky there, lots of people were going for that pet I found out later.

And since I am farming Icewatch rep I had to have Mini Yeti. He is just adorable.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:34PM Triskelion said

• Half a heart
Rare vanity pets, how original.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:05PM enamelizer said

@Triskelion

There is always one in every crowd.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 9:59PM Triskelion said

• 1 heart
@enamelizer Seriously, did they come up with this? I don't think I've seen any other MMO have anything like this.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 2:47PM eyeball2452 said

I don't get pet collecting, but to each their own. Something that should be noted in this article is that you can't have non-combat pets out during combat, especially raiding. They're treated the same as combat pets/players and take away chain healing from players who actually need it, which is a huge flaw that I haven't seen addressed in the patch notes.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:20PM enamelizer said

@eyeball2452

It should also be noted companion pets count as a party member when using the skill Power From the Masses.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:36PM jeremys said

@eyeball2452 This was a problem in Runes of Magic until the first Chapter 4 patch addressed it.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:24PM winterborn said

• 1 heart
My GF likes pets but she's a girl so.......... heh I have to poke a little fun at ya for being into chick items : )

Did your man card expire : P

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:27PM donweel said

I was not expecting a bunny for the Harbinger of Regulos a creature of pure malice, so it was a fun joke. Was kind of hoping it would attack and raise holy hob like the Monty Pyton one, but alas.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:27PM (Unverified) said

Pet are just cool... my favorite pet of all time is the Soul Trader in WoW, I used to have him out in Karazhan, feed him a pet biscuit (HUGE!) and then confuse the raid members into thinking a mob was chasing me!

Yeah... cruel eh?

Rift has the best pets so far... Forsaken World has some sweet pets, they have to be nurtured to full potential, nice twist.

WoW's pets were the best, but then 'loot' cards got the best pets and those cost Real money, then they added a bunch of pets and made them too easy to get and little to no work went into the art, typical pet collector in WoW has close to 150 pets... quantity over quality, very bad.

The pets in Rift are well wort the time, and the special event drops are always a pleasant surprise. Rift took what WoW was using and made it much better... but isn't that what all the WoW fanbois complain about? Oh well, get over it.