Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:09PM DarkWalker said

About point 7: I see most F2P games with optional subscriptions as "pay-not-to-lose", even if the thing lost is just time.

I'm perfectly fine with that, though, as long as what we need to pay to not lose is just the subscription. F2P publishers are not charity operations, they need to push free players into either subscribers or, at least, casual shoppers (though the push needs to be gentle, else they lose those free players altogether). Pay-not-to-lose seems a quite legitimate way to implement that push, for me at least.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:29PM Irem said

"who the heck is Leonardo Leonardo?"

Annnd now I'm going to have to watch that again.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:57PM (Unverified) said

@Irem

Why are we walking like this?

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:14PM Platapus said

Hey! I'm all for CoH to become the next big F2P MMO but in my mind if I have paid for content, I.E. Going rogue, CoV, I should not lose any of the benefits from my purchase should I choose to go to a premium account. I'm all for paying for access to new content, powers, what-have-you, but I already "purchased" the current content. Limiting what I already own seems a bit sneaky to me.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:38PM Stormwalker said

On the topic of more content: Paragon just announced today that the upcoming Issue 21 will include more Powerset Proliferation! Blasters are getting Dark Blast and Darkness Manipulation, Defenders are getting Fire Blast and Thermal Radiation, and much more. Only Dominators are not getting anything new, but PS has promised they'll get something post-I21.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 4:56PM Gryphmon said

Sniff. Will the anit-Kheldian bigotry and prejudice never end?

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 6:03PM StClair said

@Gryphmon
No. Go back where you came from, dirty squids.
EARTH FOR HUMANS!

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 6:42PM Eliot Lefebvre said

@Gryphmon

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 5:49PM Zach Adams said

On point 2, specifically Incarnates:

Everything the Devs and community managers have posted to the boards indicates that you won't be able to buy Incarnate access. Those abilities and missions will be exclusive to VIP members.

Also: A pox upon powerset proliferation, at least as regards Controllers. Given the often obnoxious treatment of Defenders as "controllers who can't control" there really need to be powersets that Controllers flat out can't use. (Using Def primaries and Troller secondaries was probably THE biggest mistake made in designing any of the archetypes, as far as balance goes)

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 12:51PM OnlyMe said

@Tempes Magus said "I'm pretty sure Going Rogue includes Incarnate content access, at least all currently in the game content.

They just keep saying "VIP only" because it requires that purchase or an active subscription that gets Going Rogue free."

They actually were pretty clear that you lose access to incarnate abilities if you lose VIP status (cancel your sub) after F2P launches.

What they didn't specify yet is if you can purchase to restore access to those incarnate powers as a F2P player. That's the last i heard (Unless i missed a dev post somewhere)

Link

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 3:25AM Ziltod said

"About the time that Kheldians stop being useless without the right balance of party members and stop adding extra spawns on top of groups to make life miserable. That'll be about the time. "

If that was intended as a joke, thanks for the laugh.
If not, you should play with more... able players. It's astonishing what a good party can do even with a kheldian in it. Even... the Statesman TF? Twice? In a row?
Thanks for the laugh anyway...

Posted: Jul 7th 2011 5:49AM (Unverified) said

The only thing I worry about was only slightly mentioned- the affect on the RP community on Virtue and Union. Really, let's be honest- there'll be more and more people who don't know what Virtue and Union are the unofficial RP servers, and they'll join, go "LOL NERDS" and start causing pain and grief. Same goes with the intentional griefers who join, and DO find out that Virtue and Union are the unofficial RP servers, and go pester people- I can't speak for Union, but I can say that Virtue already has enough griefing.

I suggest that they at least make those two Premium-Required or 'Official RP servers' to cut out the whole incoming unintentional griefer crowd. And yes, it'll give the intentionals more direction, but it gives me less guilt for reporting them if they annoy me.

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 5:00AM (Unverified) said

That would be very nice as well. Idea! Let's do both.

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 9:45AM Ziltod said

Yup it can be kind of challenging, but if you play enough with your toon and understand how hybrid classes work... no problem. :)
What annoys me is the "Kheldians are no good" moto, generally made by people who just can't play them... :/

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 9:47AM Ziltod said

Message above intended as an answer to Tempes Magus. Damn, can't edit... sorry for double post... :p

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM