Posted: Jul 5th 2011 12:53PM Shirogetsune said

IIRC, gPotato had this and shut it down due to a lack of player interest. Good luck, new publisher.

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 1:58PM Beau Hindman said

@Shirogetsune Yeh I thought I had seen it before. It was unfortunate because it shut down before I had a chance to try it out.

Looks like I'll have that chance.

Beau

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 3:33PM whateveryousay said

• 1 heart
@Shirogetsune

I didn't know about gPotato having it, but I know GamepotUSA had it as well and also shut it down. Really seems like a lost cause at this point.

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 8:54PM ugr101 said

@Shirogetsune
Nope it was Gamepot that shut it down, and if you didn't know they had to shut down all their games but one because of their inability to run games properly. I was playing this game since CB when gamepot had it (and 2 years before gamepot started it, on the Japanese version), and I can tell everyone that this is a great game! The reason players left is because they were pissed off at gamepot. I can link you to a mountaiun of posts to prove it.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 3:40AM Shirogetsune said

@ugr101

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I remember playing this and enjoying it, but wasn't sure how much time or money I really wanted to invest in it... then a month later, there was the shutdown notice.

Good to see it's getting a second chance.

(And sorry for the gPotato =/= GamePotUSA mixup. Hard to keep these NA publishers straight sometimes.)

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 1:34PM HiroProtagonist7 said

• 1 heart
Oh boy - another one where we can be heroic sexed up children!

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 2:11PM FluffyBearLina said

Red.

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 7:26AM akesooracle said

Bright Shadow is an awesomely great game with graphics as sharp in contrast n features for fantastic pics! Most of all this game has a fantastic weather system where u can see the rain fall n the sun setting with the moon rising in beautifully artistic lands! A great mmo worth all the other mmos ive played n more...OMG if u love the outfits and mounts n social part with all the powerhouse of fighting mobs with friends on im chat mode this is THE game to be at...get your keys for bonus stuff too OMG the perks are amazing! And the pets both vanity n non vanity are awesome w abilities to summon monsters as an exo or tao! And i loveeee the teleport skills of the mystics and oracles. And other great features..but the outfits are like artowork as are the areas. You have to check it out if just to glean the best game ever for ease of use. Go beyond Beginner Village to the cities n beyond n you too will marvel at the amazing environments Bright Shadow offers...This game UBER rocks for me! Thank u Gamania woohooo so anxious to experience the adventure again!

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 9:57AM Vodine said

Yep, gamepotusa is what failed, not this game.

It's not going to be for everyone, but which game is? Every game is going to have people who love it and who hate it. I loved this game.

Bright Shadow has a pretty strong social aspect to it. Without PvP, there's not the constant antagonism (and no cash shop uber-gear or anything to make it a Pay To Win game). Also, for a game as old as it is, I love the way it looks. I tend to like anime-style characters, but none I've played have done it as well as Bright Shadow did.

It kind of looks like beanfun! is just putting the game out there so there's not just one game available (soon to be Lucent Heart), but I'm going to do whatever I can to make it successful.

The Think Tank: Thoughts on PAX East 2014