Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 6:53PM Vundal said

if your going to cover MOBAs, i really think u need to play LoL at least a little. its widely considered the best moba out there

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 7:47PM Brendan Drain said

@Vundal Don't worry, I intend to! It's the biggest MOBA on the market, I have to see what all the fuss is about :)

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 8:19PM Vundal said

@Brendan Drain good ! i hope if u do u look me up, ive been playing since beta. im by no means pro, but i do know alot of the core rules and gameplay along with what champions are really good choices. , so look me up when u start. (obviously, my ingame name is Vundal)

Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 9:34AM Skyydragonn said

Webzen is so full of crap with thier statements.

Thier press release contradicts itself several times often in the same sentence. I'll just keep waiting patiently for Firefall and hope that webzen gets what they dserve for failing to maintain thier obligations.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 2:31PM vbrant said

Not a single mention of the server problems that have been so huge on EU LoL recently.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 4:15PM bulldozerftw said

yeah red 5 suing webzen is not a bad thing at all in my eyes. It doesn't sound like they're getting greedy. Webzen is known to be slow with alot of things. Like their game huxley that used the unreal 3 engine that had huge performance problems and never launched.

I would sugguest maybe gamerfirst even though they sort of worked with webzen in the past. But i think the server backbone thing which is practically an isp is probably one of the best low latency options that a free to play company offers. I think I got like around 30 or 40 ping results from when APB reloaded did some tests. They also moved some servers around and are still optimizing it unlike most mmo companys. Like for example a large company like ncsoft gets bad pings in the like 100-300's. Or maybe ccp might have the capabilities of helping them out. Either way definitely a good choice to move away from webzen.

Chronicles of spellborn failed in my eyes largely due to a poor publisher like acclaim which is now closed down and got bought out by a casual game company like zynga.

But yeah marketing wise probably WOW and rift are like the only ones to do a decent marketing thing with mmos. It's mostly just up to word of mouth, and other communities that gets games known. Red 5 did some thing on justin tv but their community is very limited to a max of 5k users on a best case scenario and typically around 2k for really popular.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 4:49PM bulldozerftw said

oh nvm their self publishing in united states so this only really effects like asia and wutnot

Posted: Jul 6th 2011 6:36AM BGExorcist said

LoL is the biggest, because its free. Now they are gonna screw up Europian client. The game is very poor delivered right now in Europe, 40 min queues, and thats after the 1 hour wait to get to login screen.

Rise of Immortals is truly an abomination. Installed, played 2 games, uninstalled. Seriously, if petroglyph deliveres such quality for End of Nations aswell (that trion mmorts).. R.I.P.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM