Posted: Jul 1st 2011 3:32PM Fabius Bile said

Western MMO psyche? this game is a monument to the grind-driven eastern psyche

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 4:11PM Jef Reahard said

@Fabius Bile

Hence the statement that it "barely registered in terms of the Western MMO psyche."

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 3:57PM C Rose said

Yeah it looks good, but too "easternized" for my taste.

Not that one style is better than another but clearly we like westernized MMO's here for a reason. The thing that get's me about these titles are the same old recycled "styles" the use.

Every Asian MMO sounds the same, looks the same and plays the same. The same squeaky combat sounds (like a anime cartoon), the same huge floating combat text, the same "too skinny" character models that look too weak to actually swing their weapons...on and on.

It's just a matter of taste, however WoW is super-popular over there and over here, while their big titles can't really say that.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 5:20PM Ghostspeaker said

The endgame PvP in that game was (is?) absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, GETTING to the endgame PvP is second only to anesthetized dental surgery and Perfect World in sheer unending pain.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 12:50AM Jade Effect said

Now and then, I toy with the idea of going back to play Lineage 2. Then I remember the griefing, botting, cheating and ganking. Then my senses return to me.

I don't mind the grinding, as long as there is a level playing field. Since that is not the case and players have long profited by cheating their way through the game, I can't see myself giving money to NCSoft (who have turned a blind eye and is only interested in collecting subscription).

Yes, I suppose even such a game can have its die-hards, as the game dwindles down to only 2 servers.