Posted: Jul 1st 2011 11:10AM (Unverified) said

Alpaca*
Part of the camelid family. They're not Llamas. *cough*

Anyways, looking forward to this update. Should extend the vast feeling to the world with another race.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 11:14AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

They aren't really alpacas either, I think their in game name is Albacas or something like that and have clovers out of their heads....

Another race will be awesome, hopefully frogs are next!

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 11:16AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 11:24AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Hmm, must've been a translation misspell in beta then.

Posted: Jul 10th 2011 8:52PM ThatEnglishGuy said

@(Unverified)

Grass Mud Horse, a meme originating from china

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 11:34AM (Unverified) said

I've gotten into this game a bit, it usually isn't my style, but I'm entertained. A few issues that I have though are that every class pretty much has the same abilities with only a few tweaks.

When the selling point of the game is diversity and playing every class, I would have liked them to be a little more different from each other.

....and will they give free race changes? or do we need to start over?

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 11:39AM Pingles said

This is a fantastic game. It is currently my main MMO.

It has great graphics and the game is very polished. I don't think I've run across a single bug.

It has the usual advanced MMO features like an Auction House, Portals to zones you've been to, Daily Quests, Mail, etc.

Combat is nothing special but fun. I am enjoying the skill trees and effects and my Warrior is fun to smash through mobs.

Difficulty is average, where I can easily kill 1 mob my level, have difficulty with 2 and 3 is a crapshoot.

It has its problems. Anti-Bot code is currently a CAPTCHA box that pops up at random. Aggravating and definitely pulls you out of this colorful and clever world.

Zones are very claustrophobic and have defined edges. You can only exit/enter the next through a portal.

Invisible fences. Most are pretty obvious (cliff edges, etc) but others catch you off guard with how far away they are from a physical barrier.

Quests are run of the mill. Writing is okay and the storylines are fun but don't expect anything other than killtenrats or delivery quests.

Main storyline is the usual silliness: You are the Chosen One.

Important part is for all of my negatives it's still my main MMO. The good parts are THAT good.

Good game.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 12:08PM Avernus said

llamao

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 1:54PM Hipster said

Um... Caption contest anyone for that screenshot?
....

Introducing the new Thumb race, a unit of the phalange faction!

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 4:42PM JoeH42 said

@Hipster The whole reason I even looked at this article was to make fun of the fact that that creature looks like a face drawn on someone's finger like the Ziploc mascot. Good to see I'm not the only one who thought the same thing.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 4:15PM C Rose said

This game is far too aimed towards kids right?

I mean does it offer anything for a non-pre-teen?

And this is a serious question actually. I'm not trolling. It just does look polished therefore I'm interested.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 5:27PM (Unverified) said

@C Rose
Far from it to be honest. It's much harder to craft things in this game. Dungeons are harder than most MMOs as of late.

The community from what I've seen is a lot more mature than other games as well.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 6:23PM Pingles said

@C Rose

It's a fairly standard MMO. certainly not aimed at kids although the characters and environments do have a bit of a "cute" look to them.

So far the community has been top notch.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 5:44PM Ghostspeaker said

Those aren't alpacas! They're giant fluffy white... *bites tongue to resist making immature anatomical references to the... um... mounts because he doesn't feel like getting banned*

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 5:47PM Ghostspeaker said

@Ghostspeaker

And on a slightly less inappropriate note, I never thought in a million years any playable race could possibly out-cute Allods' Gibberlings.

I was wrong.

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 8:50PM (Unverified) said

@Ghostspeaker
Nothing beats a Tarutaru imo.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 7:48AM Audacious said

Ordinarily a game with an art style like this doesn't strike my fancy at all....

But those frogs and rats....

Okay. I might give it a whirl when the patch that introduces the latter drops.

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 7:38PM Faction 3 said

@Audacious Trust me, I said the same thing. I was reading about this game and pretty much blew it off as another "Anime - MMO", especially after the announcement of additional races...I was like "Lemme guess...ELVES?! ORCS MAYBE?!", Then I seen Mice, Frog-dudes, and the Turtle guys, I was like....wait a minute, this is already looking good.

I read about the game a bit, and the Class system, and then decided to give it a shot (Its free to DL, what've I got to lose?).

I'll tell you...its pretty goddamn good in all honesty. I definatey enjoy it.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 10:22AM ChongShin said

"the way some game conventioners project body odor" - I see this mentioned a lot on game sites. It's really that bad, or is more of a running joke? There have been a few times that I've been at a public place and someone stank... oh dear god why do people do that. >.>

Anyway... this is a cute game, but ultimately seems like more of the same (kill 10 woozits, collect 20 of their toe nails).

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014