Posted: Jun 30th 2011 1:36PM thehiredgun said

The TOS bundle pack is pretty awesome. I have it set up on my primary character and now that we are getting the Kirk two feet jump kick in Season 4, my captain truly looks and feels like a badass.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:00PM WyattEarp89 said

@thehiredgun I agree, the moment this became available I bought it. Since the collectors edition came with the TOS enterprise ship it would seem fitting to have the interior look like the original and for my crew to be wearing the original series uniforms. :)

I am guilty of buying almost everything in the store except for some interiors and ships due to not having a rear admiral character yet. Plus the only race I have unlocked is the joined trill.

The cash shop is not too bad and since I have a Lifetime Sub to ST:O its not a big deal to spend some money on the game.

NOTE: If this comment comes up twice I apologize, stupid work browser! ;(

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:03PM ThePenIsMightier said

• Half a heart
Fighters.....FIGHTERS?! Did anyone making this game ever WATCH any Star Trek, or did they just skim pictures of the ships and costumes? :(

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:17PM (Unverified) said

@ThePenIsMightier

Just heard about STO? :P

I wouldn't ever accuse it of following the show/movies closely. eg ships from hundreds of years apart in history fighting side by side. Miranda class light cruisers taking on multiple top shelf Klingon battleships and winning.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:26PM raxtrax said

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:59PM Phone Guy said

@(Unverified)

The Miranda you start with has been retrofitted with current technology. But those ships are still out dated. For the first 10 levels you mostly fight Gorn, Orions, and the Occasionally Klingon. Even then rarely do you encounter a top of the line battle ship. Go into a fleet action and try taking a Negvhar solo with that Miranda.

Of course though if you play the game and set mission to easy or play in a group experiences may vary, but every change they added is explainable in a Star Trek style way and it really does make sense.

And as far as Fighters go, @raxtrax is right. Fighters appeared in the episodes multiple times. Not to mention TNG, DS9, Voyager, and even enterprise had entire episodes which took place on or around shuttle craft which is the category fighters fall into.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 7:00PM ThePenIsMightier said

@raxtrax

No federation or major race there, and Enterprise has been concluded as non canon since it was all a holodeck program.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 8:25PM mysecretid said

@ThePenIsMightier

Enterprise non-canon? Not the last time I looked. Cite your sources if you're going to make claims, please.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 8:56PM ThePenIsMightier said

@mysecretid

My source is....Enterprise, where it was revealed to be a holodeck program, which explains why it never seems to exist anywhere else in Trek history.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 8:57PM ThePenIsMightier said

@(Unverified)

and re:Miranda or Excelsior vessels-those were seen and used all the way through the end of Trek on television with obvious minor upgrade refits (ooooh glowing blue nacelles!).

Posted: Jul 1st 2011 3:42AM (Unverified) said

@Phone Guy

They might have changed the game as I played in beta and launch but I solo'd many Negvhar in my Miranda.

Also they appear in some of the later movies and DS9 etc but normally only before they introduced CGI ships. They used all sorts of old models in fleet action shots because that was all they had (and the average movie viewer wouldn't notice a miranda in the background but would notice a constitution).

"but every change they added is explainable in a Star Trek style way"

So you mean they came up with some treknobabble about unknown to science particles causing all the problems? :P

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 12:16PM mysecretid said

@ThePenIsMightier

You're misunderstanding the final episode. It didn't reveal that the series was a holodeck program: Riker was simply reviewing a holodeck program which was created using the historical records of Enterprise's time.

But, hey, believe whatever you like. Picard's a woman! Kirk's a lizard! I've filled my Star Trek Nerd quotient for the year even talking about this.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:20PM Faith said

Nice Advertisement...

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 3:36PM Phatleet said

@Faith Agree, looks like a Blogmercial to me...

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 3:56PM Faith said

@Phatleet

Yeah, the entire time I felt like the Sham-Wow guy was reading to me.

"This is easily the best $9.75 you can spend in the C-Store! As you are leveling up, activating one of these boosts will increase the amount of XP you receive by 20% for eight hours. Now that is what I call power-leveling! Fettucini, Linguini, Martini, Bikini!!!!"

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 4:33PM Equillian said

@Faith

For the next FIFTEEN MINUTES you can recieve our special introductory offer!!!

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:35PM C Rose said

Yeah I'm not interested in paying money for a frills.

When's it going F2P is all I want to know? Besides I'm not sure I'd like it even then because it has nothing to do with anything resembling Star Trek at all.

It seems like a decent Sci-Fi MMO that slapped the Star Trek IP on it to sell more boxes.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:43PM dudes said

• 1 heart
It's dead, Jim.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 3:07PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Attack HORTA! http://www.startrekonline.com/store how available.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 3:10PM bobfish said

I play the game and whilst some of these items are nice, I wouldn't recommend buying any of them.

You can do more than well enough just subscribing to the game, nothing in the store gives a big enough advantage to be worth the price and vanity items are entirely a personal choice.