Posted: Jun 29th 2011 8:04AM Grumms said

It didn't when I was in high school. But now being in college, almost working full time hours, it definitely knocks down my playtime. I don't mind it though. I used to be annoyed when I couldn't play my "current MMO" at the time but now it feels special when I get the time to play. I don't feel like I'm rushed, I take my time. I feel more...immersed?

I miss the days when I stayed up really late playing all night, but then again....I don't, heh.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 8:05AM Dril said

I have way more time to play now.

Alas, what that actually equates is me having more time to sit here, bored, waiting for TOR/TSW/WoD/ArcheAge/GW2 for most of the day and then logging EVE for a few hours in the late hours of the night/wee hours of the morning because all of my friends are American, and thus sound asleep at prime time.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 8:18AM (Unverified) said

Yeh I'm the same as you grumms,

During school holidays I would play all day and all night and not have a care in the world. But now that I'm at uni, the holidays are a time for me to make money rather than play MMO's.

However, I always like having time to hop online and know that I can always do something with random people.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 8:23AM Jack Pipsam said

It's Winter right now here in Australia XD

so I can't answer that

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 8:54AM Kark said

I think it only affects small children who have go go with their parents on vacation, as in they cant say no.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:07AM Danteeeee said

God yes. It goes from 6-8 hours a day to around 12-14 hours.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:14AM Demeter said

I don't work full time, so it's not summer vacations, but the summer doldrums that get to me. My playtime does decrease during the summer, but that's mostly to my increased walking and less sleep in general.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:17AM Interitus said

Hell yeah, I'm not in school anymore but I'm on vacation in Europe.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:18AM Interitus said

And by small children you mean anyone still living with their parents who have booked a weeklong vacation and you can't skip out of it because of some raid.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:21AM Bramen said

I teach. Yes it does.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:24AM Mikkhail said

absolutely ... Summer kills my play time! I still pop in for an hour here and an hour there (so I am probably playing 5-10 hours a week) ... mostly due to outside chores - yard work, gardening, outdoor home maintenence / improvements, and working in my vegetable gardening ... not to mention weekend trips like camping and hiking ... during the winter I play more like 20-30 hours a week.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:02AM Avernus said

Yes, mostly cause I'm an attorney for kids and they get in more trouble in the summer. :(

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:04AM Stormwaltz said

I'm 36, with a full-time job and three kids. What's this "vacation" you speak of?

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:14AM Malagarr said

Like most people I know, extended daylight hours yield to less play time in game. During the summer I'm much more likely to go out and do things with my family after work or on weekends. If I get in game at all, it's usually after 9 PM and then only for an hour or two. So summer cuts out, maybe an hour or so a day of gaming for me, since in the winter I am usually on around 8 PM.

As I said, this is the case with most people I know who play MMOs. But that yields to those guildies who actually have more time (or no less time) to play during the summer feeling like they have been abandoned. We always lose a few folks every summer for that very reason.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 11:11AM shadowghost21 said

What is summer vacation? I am guessing that the target audience of this site is 15?

I work a full time job, software engineer, with great hours. So no, "Summer vacation" doesn't affect my play time. It's the same as the other 3 "vacations" I get a year. A few hours a night with the woman and all is well. Although I would like to get out and toss some disk now and then.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 11:53AM Arkanaloth said

my game time *IS* my summer vacation...

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 12:08PM Daemodand said

Summer time,
And the gaming is easy.
Spacebar's for jumpin',
And the levels are high.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 1:00PM dudemanjac said

I'm a grown man. The only way summer vacation affects my playtime is that there are more asshole teenagers around to foul up my daytime playing. Sorry. but the few good kids don't outweigh the total jerks most kids are.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 1:05PM hereafter said

I have no summer vacation anymore, unless I happen to be between jobs during the summer. But as with any free time, I play more games the more time I have. I just have to be careful not to get sucked too far in and lose the motivation to keep working. I love slacking when I can, but I prefer not to be poor.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 4:45PM Sean D said

Thankfully, yes. I spend my summers guiding horseback trail rides through parts of the Rockies. I'll be leaving again in a few days, as a matter of fact. There'll be no Internet or cell phone access and except for the occasional game of poker or darts, or my guitar, I won't be playing anything. It's good to break away from technology once in a while to reexamine one's beliefs.
| 1 | 2 |