Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:20PM BarGamer said

You sentimental Ascalonians! As a Factions character, I hope I feel even a fraction of this when a certain Emperor ROFLstomps the Kurzick and Luxon.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:57PM BarGamer said

@BarGamer Halfway thru the podcast now. What SOE should do is give longtime SWG subbers free months/items in TOR. And the word you were thinking of is "mercy killing" or "assisted suicide." ;)

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:20PM (Unverified) said

Amarr sure does look pretty when it's being blasted to bits.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 1:12AM Vazzaroth said

The coverage of the crazy Cash Shop prices reminds me of a guy I saw on the Rift forums asking if Multiboxing was allowed. A few posts later, he casually mentioned he bought 3 boxes for himself. Then a little farther down he said he bought copies for 6 other people the same day. I was flabbergasted.

Here I am, a self identifying hardcore gamer of 21 years of age, I've played video games since I was as baby with my mom and on my own since I was two. My entire life is video games. I work for in the games industry (support) and make just about minimum wage. Most game purchases are weighed decisions, and buying a newly released game I end up disliking is both a huge disappointment and fair financial loss. For Rift, I went back and forth for no less than 3 weeks, weighing whether I wanted to worry about a sub fee again after years of freeing myself from it. I only finally bought it when it was 25% on Amazon, and my fears came true and I wasn't liking it much. So a month later I was unsubbed, and the whole time I had to evaluate whether or not I would want to play this in the future.

Then this guy rolls up in his Internet Porsche, says "Sucks Brah!" and waves his 10 copies that he bought on a whim at Best Buy around then streaks off to pick up a hot babe and get on his yacht. Then a week later he's forgotten all about that game he bought.

So basically, "pushing the customers" feels like that. And that's why we're outraged and I, for one, am glad consumers are pushing back.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 8:02AM Raikulxox said

Most people are outraged not because of the prices, but because the leaked company newsletter had microtransactions of power will be implemented, not may. Even if you could buy a ship that is the same as those that are player made, it will break EVE's player based economy, since the ship is spawned from air, using no resources to make.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2011 1:16PM MasterYi said

On the EVE segment, Shawn and Ruby have once again internalised this whole story without actually reading what was going on. Sarcasm/ Why not just hit the record button and talk into the microphone whatever feels like common sense to you, don't let the facts get in the way. After all, we're only talking about video games here and I have a young child, so I know what things are worth getting upset about.\

Guys, if you haven't already been made aware of this, its the proposed buying of ships in the memo that caused the actual outrage.