Posted: Jun 29th 2011 5:13PM Stormwalker said

Yeah, today's patch broke a lot of stuff, and the player base has been vocally annoyed about it. Aftershock #5 being delayed is disappointing, but understandable.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 5:32PM Arkanaloth said

@Stormwalker

ohh I haven't tried to login due to being at work and such.. hopefully the broken stuff gets fixed soon.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 11:17PM ShivanSwordsman said

@Arkanaloth

I was under the assumption people would be more vocal about the way the game is heading, what with Free Players being 3rd world citizens that will never be as powerful as a paid one, and having to pay for archetypes. Oh wait, that's right, you have to be a gold member to make forum posts...

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 5:32PM Zach Adams said

Finally, a F2P arch who suits my old paid char (a former cosmic powerhouse who lost a lot of his oomph after a big crossover-style space battle). $13 seems awfully steep, though.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 6:09PM BluegrassGeek said

@Zach Adams Eh? 2000 AT costs $25, so this is closer to $11.50 if you buy planning to pick up other stuff. It's actually not too bad, considering the same tokens are used by Star Trek Online, where most ships go for 1200 coins.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 10:01PM Zach Adams said

@BluegrassGeek My math sucks. I remembered $5=400 and somehow that translated to 40=$1, yet 800=$10. So 800+120=$13. I blame commenting from the city bus.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 11:21PM ShivanSwordsman said

@Zach Adams

... Are you seriously thinking of buying it? Archetypes literally are weaker than the Pay To Play characters, and you have to pay for Archetypes. You're paying the same amount for a monthly fee, only you're PAYING THEM TO SUCK. You're also paying them to be a third world citizen, with no ability to speak in the forums.

Why are people still PLAYING this nickle and dime tripe? If you pay them, they see the audience is a bunch of idiots, and keep on doing things like this. Archetypes should be FREE, because archetypes get less points overall than the Pay To Play types, and because you apparently can't buy the right to create a gold-type character and keep it forever. Idiots!

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 9:54AM Chiren said

@ShivanSwordsman

Dunno why your comment is voted down, as it 100% ACCURATE.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 5:54PM Octahedron said

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but how is Champions Online these days? I couldn't keep going with it due to technical issues, but I am left wondering if those have mostly been dealt with by now. That, and how restrictive their F2P model is, but that is secondary.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 6:02PM blakerefuge said

@Octahedron

This is a pretty awful place to ask. Lots of bitter ex-players who love to trash the game. I've played since launch and it's in great shape these days, minus today's unfortunate bug-ridden patch. Once the issues get ironed out (should be a hotfix later today) it'll be back to normal. I would definitely recommend playing it these days though, especially as a free side MMO.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 9:04PM Issmir said

@blakerefuge

What Blake said. CO isn't everyone's game, but it's the game I keep coming back to. There's a LOT of new content and people, it's a blast to play and I advise you to check it out if you're curious.

Posted: Jun 29th 2011 11:33PM Yellowdancer said

@blakerefuge

They really do need to get off the archetypes only for free players now that the cash shop is growing. And rumor is you'll have to buy secret lair items and expansions from the cash shop also? I donno. They are overdoing it a bit., I think.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 8:29AM (Unverified) said

Are they seriously reintroducing powers that were available from the start when it was P2P? I remember my character had impulse. It was cool.

I really liked Champions when it launched and even came back to it later on, but I tried it when it became F2P and couldn't belive the atrocious job Cryptic did with that model. They gimped the game completely. I felt so limited that I didn't feel like I had any kind of incentive to become a gold player or buy stuff from the shop.

The game was really fun. It's a shame they did this =/