Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 5:46AM SgtBaker1234556 said

@NeverDeath

I'm having hard time figuring out if this was just incredibly sarcastic post or if you really are putting in that as a serious argument.

A fine troll in any case.

So, why do you play games. To achieve? To fullfill your dreams? To teach those others how damn hardcore you are?

- They can bloody well keep their FUN! I'm going to grind! Take that casuals!

Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 1:47PM NeverDeath said

@SgtBaker1234556

Everything I've said makes perfect sense to anyone who can read between the lines. What has WoW done to eliminate grind? Right, absolutely nothing. They merely shifted the placement of the grind so that it's all at the end-game, but then steadily decreased the difficulty of their endgame encounters over time, so that now it's just a grind of raid lockout timers and variance over drop chances - instead of a grind through trash and boss encounters that made you feel accomplished when your friends/guild downed them. What arguments have you to refute that Blizzard has been recycling old content instead of generating new several times over the past few years, while continuing to accept subscription fees for little-no work at all? What arguments have you to refute anything I said, for that matter?

You bring no solid argument to the table, yet have the gall to go throwing around words like "troll" in the general direction of a person like myself, who gives you so much - and this paltry argument is the best you can muster in return? I am sorely disappointed.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 5:47AM dudes said

I would not be surprised if "Starcraft" is included somewhere beneath the main Titan banner... with something like 'universe of' added.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:58PM Mystal said

@dudes

Blizzard's already stated on half a dozen occasions that Titan has nothing to do with any of their existing franchises. Hence, it is not set in the universe of Starcraft, Diablo, or Warcraft.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 6:28AM (Unverified) said

Exactly.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 7:16AM HiroProtagonist7 said

@Mr Tastix
Kind of like that coke bottling plant that opened next to a small town in India. They polluted the water so bad the natives all had to drink Coke.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 7:58AM pcgneurotic said

How does an "analyst" know all what Blizzard are doing? I hate these vague Gamasutra-sourced news items. Leave he financial and analytical stuff to the Pink Pages plx. :p

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 9:15AM (Unverified) said

I'd like to know whether this analyst actually has first hand information about this or if he is just speculating like the rest of us. This wasn't clear from the story. I think the idea of Titan being a more casual game makes sense based on what Blizzard has said before about it not competing directly with WOW and going after a wider audience.

There is a great collection of Titan information over at http://www.titanwatch.net for anyone who's interested.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 1:06PM Averice said

There's nothing wrong with "casual". Starcraft 2 is "casual". You can play it hardcore, or you can play it casual. Casual doesn't mean not hardcore.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 1:07PM Averice said

@Averice Casual doesn't mean the game can't also be hard or hardcore at the same time. Is what my last sentence meant to say.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:57PM Mystal said

@Averice Starcraft 2 is terrible, actually. Perfect example of how the pursuit of a mainstream audience leaves hardcore gamers in the cold.

Posted: Jun 30th 2011 2:54PM Mystal said

Of course it's going to be casual. That's what Blizzard has become (that what gaming in general has become, by the way, since gaming became mainstream).

Just be thankful if it's not a Facebook game, or isn't heavily integrated with Facebook.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2011 6:52AM blackcat7k said

This should be considered vaporware until it's released with Blizzard's track record.

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 11:13AM (Unverified) said

I stopped playing after 6 yrs, a week before 4.2. I didn't want to start a new round of events to get new tokens to buy new gear all over again, as each tier is mandated to fit this format. It got stale and gameplay never really improved over the years. Additionally, I think Cataclysm ushered in a lot a class balancing changes, that were excessive. Frosk DK's got a howling blast nerf, then later is was buffed again. Hunters multi shot was unbalanced or OP depending on spec. I won't list them all, you can read patch notes to see how many sweeping changes have taken place in 7 months.

Most annoying were wait times to play as a dps in random ques. something about sitting down to want to get in an instance for loot and wait 40 minutes was unbearable. I wanna jump in and use my time better. You might think, go fish or farm stuff, but i have spent enough hours for 30 people doing those things.

The repetition has become stagnant for me. Worst has to be angry and mistempered players that are profane, demeaning, and ignorant. I choose to not pay to play for that environment, Casual or not.

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 4:03PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) Wow, I could have written the same thing word for word.

+1 sir. Everything you said was dead on.

Posted: Jul 5th 2011 4:02PM (Unverified) said

Hmm. I don't get it. I mean, I know that when a game is hard and you're the first to get the new epics, down the new bosses, you feel good about yourself. But to speak of casual and spit on it like ... it's worthless makes you look like an ass. Not to mention that your accomplishments amount to nothing... and raiding progression is only to continue raiding (heroic modes) so you're never really done. Ever. Ever. Screw that.

I mean... it's not like you're turning pro as a WoW player. You play the game if you like it or you just don't bother with it.

This is why I can't stand other people in WoW anymore. Srsly, who f*king cares! Just playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (aka have fun.)

Posted: Jul 8th 2011 8:38PM (Unverified) said

I'm hoping for a game like what Free Realms could have been if Mr. Smedley wasn't involved with the company.

Posted: Jul 10th 2011 3:48PM Wizardling said

So Blizzard's new MMO will be like a cross between Toon Town and Hello Kitty Online Adventure Island?

Posted: Aug 28th 2011 9:36PM Roland44 said

I think a lot will also ride on what "setting" Blizzard is using for Titan, even Blizzard will need to have a compelling and engaging game environment, better graphics (as far as detail, not necessarily style) than WoW and for a lot...an interesting storyline.

If it's all blah, then casual or not it won't draw the crowds ;)

imo