Posted: Jun 27th 2011 2:39PM BubleFett said

I still find asmodians infiltrating yleos territory now and then.
I think that after NCsoft nerfed factions between the worlds the population
started to dwindle. The hardcore pvper just gave up and went somewhere else.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 3:04PM vandevere said

One way to *REALLY* fix the problem would be to have the game allow us to have 8 character slots per faction instead of per account.

The 8 char per account thing is really measly, and I know there are tons of players out there who really want to experience *ALL* of the game content out there-both Elyos and Asmo-but with the current 8 per account, we are really prohibited from doing that.

Give us 8 slots per faction, and I;m sure the population imbalance will be a thing of the past!

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 4:28PM DarkWalker said

This, in part, is why I don't PvP in a game where the winner in a PvP match gets even more powerful. It leads to imbalance, and I don't like imbalanced PvP.

What I think can be done is to allow losers to increase their character's powers at half to two thirds of the power increase speed of winners, as well as scaling rewards for both winning and losing according to the time spent on the battle (to avoid both sides making arrangements where each side quickly throws the battle so everyone gets the rewards for fighting faster).

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 5:10PM scapist said

Lol, bribes... not that NCsoft does that for the first time. Back when Aion launched in the western world, Asmodians had the sexy red eyes when in battle mode and the claws, and on most german servers there were more Asmodians than Elyos. Turns out, Elyos had gotten all the lvl 50 worldbosses, while Asmodians had gotten... zero. That's right, that's how "balance" is understood by asian game designers.
One side gets the optics, the other side gets the gamechanging uberloot.
Within the first three months the asmodian faction on the server i played on (and that doesn't even exist anymore due to merges) lost three quarters of the population, with only three legions out of the top 12 still playing.
And now they want to bribe... aaaaah, that is so ridiculous, at least we can be sure they won't be any thread to western game developers anytime soon....^^

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 5:12PM scapist said

@scapist *threat, of course. wtb edit button

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 6:42PM xKingdomHeartsx said

If they didn't design Asmodians to look like abandon Avatar babies that got kicked out of Pandora, people would've played that game. That race design was just simply player alienating. Also Asmodians' environment is like a bland mix of hills and sand and some trees, the Elyos' environment looked so much better.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 6:59PM scapist said

@xKingdomHeartsx As i said... when the game launched, there were more Asmos than Elyos on most servers. Besides that, they made sure every server had an about even share of Elyos and Asmos by only allowing characters of the outnumbered faction to be created. The faction population imbalances only developed in time, and one of the reasons surely is their totally flawed game design when it comes to the faction zones, as mentioned above.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 7:54PM aurickle said

@xKingdomHeartsx
I agree with scapist. I always actually liked the Asmo look. So the friends I play most MMO's with. But I liked the Elyos zones a LOT more -- enough that I preferred to play them even though I thought Asmo's looked more bad-assed.

Posted: Jun 28th 2011 10:25AM xKingdomHeartsx said

@aurickle "Also Asmodians' environment is like a bland mix of hills and sand and some trees, the Elyos' environment looked so much better."
and brighter too :P

Posted: Jun 28th 2011 10:23AM xKingdomHeartsx said

hmmm have to look into that, I played Aion near the start before but Elyos always had the higher population =\

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 11:57PM wfseg said

@Puremallace

Agreed, Zikel Elyos are bad.

Posted: Jun 28th 2011 10:25AM Resurge said

If they are gonna do this, they oughta at least mention it SOMEWHERE when you install the game. I just DL'd the trial yesterday to check this world out (it really is beautiful to look at) and just sorta get a feel for the game, and I thought Id take advantage of some incentives. But when you pick a server and make characters, nowhere does it ever mention that you can get bonuses by picking any particular faction/server. I ended up on Ish-something just because i only had 2 east coast options(out of 4 total servers listed - all of which read "recommended") and just picked the first one on the list.

I may reroll, but i doubt it ..unless they go F2P - and I normally do not suggest such things, i do not see this game growing at this point in time into something I'd wanna stick with for long time. Which is a shame, because the world this game is built in is breathtaking in a lot of ways.