Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:13PM Valkesh said

Perpetuum has the same feel as Eve, but not quite the same scope and the lore backing it isn't as good. That being said, the environment is obviously considerably more interesting and wsad movement does make the game feel much more engaging. I played Perpetuum for a bit at launch and it was actually pretty good. Assuming they don't make the same mistakes CCP did and respect their community/vision, it could have a decent future ahead of itself. Even though I'm not leaving Eve for Perpetuum (I played it at launch and it just wasn't my thing) I did however cancel my Eve account and shelves any plans I had for World of Darkness after this debacle.

Posted: Jun 28th 2011 2:47AM relgoth said

@Valkesh
Game looks pretty interesting , but im not an eve player and have in fact not been interested in scifi mmos till recently.

I wanna try this game but with the CCP situation being so volitile , relations could be repaired and the surge that plays the game now will leave. Or eve starts to die a slow painful death and this becomes a very populated game over night.

Same on the eve side, i would try that but it could end up on the way down as well, or it could spring back to life after the CSM meeting.

Either way this whole fiasco has me sitting on the sidelines until things clear a little, hope they do because perpetuum looks interesting.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:16PM (Unverified) said

I bet their dev pooped themselves.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:19PM PrimeSynergy said

Haha, a friend in my PS3 clan just talked about signing up for this game today. I tried the beta, but didn't care for it, but I might give it another shot and see if anything major has changed.

I haven't completely ruled out returning to Eve though. I'm still waiting to see what comes of the CSM meeting and see what course of action CCP decides to take. If nothing good comes of it, I'll hop aboard the Perpetuum train and see where it leads, but if it's still not up to my tastes then I may go back to Fallen Earth or some other MMO. Meh, we'll see...

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:28PM pross182 said

CCP clearly had a grand vision that they are working towards. Probably in regards to DUST integration or something. But since they can't show us the big picture without ruining it they're attempting to do it in small doses but are failing miserably.

Perhaps CCP was planning on making EVE free to play with a micro transaction system to encourage players to play both EVE and DUST. And to those of you who would say "CCP would never do something like that" I refer you to CCPs current shenanigans.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:32PM (Unverified) said

@pross182
dust dosnt have a subscription, so making eve F2P dosnt really do that "well I dont want to pay for TWO games" thing.

Also limiting dust to consoles (let alone a specific one, tho I understand why they picked sony) pretty much eliminates a HUGE portion of people who would love to play both, if dust was also a PC game.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:33PM Raikulxox said

@pross182 I doubt such a thing would happen, that would destroy the PLEX market.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:34PM DevilSei said

@pross182

The problem with that line of reasoning, is that for a Microtransaction based system to work, you actually require items with a "micro" cost. And unless CCP was trying to make a fancy little dig at another F2P MMO that had not-so-micro items for sale *coughAllodscough*, I doubt a F2P transition was exactly in the works for them.

Besides, a P2P-to-F2P transition for Eve would require a reworking of PLEX cards, likely from monthly time to point cards I'd bet, which while the system seems to be in place, I'm not sure how it would all work out in the end when it comes to the player base.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 11:27PM The Ogre said

@pross182 "CCP clearly had a grand vision that they are working towards. Probably in regards to DUST integration or something. But since they can't show us the big picture without ruining it "

...then it can't be a very good vision or picture and should be scrapped.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 4:19AM (Unverified) said

Dust514 can't be on consoles and PC. PC controls for FPS is so superior that PC gamers would dominate, which isn't acceptable in a competitive game like Dust514.

Also the number of console shooter players is way higher then the number of PC shooter players. That is why CCP is aiming at the console market.

I can't remember the last time I played a PC only shooter title, even though I think pandering to consoles has dumbed down the genre.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 6:34AM Bedazzled said

@(Unverified)

Dust does/doesn't have a subscription... maybe. Dust is/is not f2p + MT... maybe.

CCP themselves said Dust will have a nominal covercharge to disuade "freeloading spectators" (their words not mine).

When you put it all together you end up with a non-sensical mess, I'm not sure CCP even known WTF they are doing.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 8:09AM Fire Walk With Me said

@(Unverified) the PS3 population of shooter fans doesn't exist compared to the number of people who play shooters on PCs.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 1:15PM DevilSei said

@Bedazzled

Its Buy-2-Play, not P2P, not F2P. They have stated that much.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 10:52PM ndessell said

inc outflux of eve players.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 11:49PM Fakeassname said

@ndessell

many of these people are not "EVE players" anymore.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 11:06PM Skyydragonn said

I was wondering when this story would break. Although I'm surprised its been so big so suddenly to warrant server caps. All I cand o is "LOL" at CCp and what would be the worst PR moves made by a developer in the last 5 years.

PS Please fix your "submit" button. its been missing for a few days now.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 11:20PM Fakeassname said

bWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

I can't stop laughing, this is just too damned funny.

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 8:38AM Xilmar said

@Fakeassname

honestly a lot of dedicated EVE players have had a common dilemma: "If i were to quit eve, what would i play?"
that question is a hard one to answer, because there aren't many games out there that have more than a couple similar ideas.

Perpetuum offers players a similar gameplay, but in a new (and maybe better, only time will tell) package, with a different distribution. Didn't play EVE right when it launched, but played perpetuum...and the feeling was awesome. The first week was the best one i've had in any MMO (and i've played a lot of em)

Anyway, don't really have a point or anything...and if i did, it was lost after the first line. But i like milk and cookies

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 11:25PM The Ogre said

@JohnLane

Remember, though, Perpetuum's just starting out. Like EVE and many other games before it, it'll need time to mature.

Posted: Jun 26th 2011 11:29PM kgptzac said

Not sure about this game, though I hope the "influx" of Eve players doesn't drag down the quality of Perpetuum's community.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014