Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:11AM MMOaddict said

Heading out of Modena on Naboo to a local mission node, night time. I see another player hightailing it as fast as he can, coming from my left and heading to my right. His head is turned, blaster pointed backward, laser bolts pew pewing like a mad gunner. I stopped as it looked odd and then the whole screen started to shake and this giant Dinosaur comes rumbling past me chasing the poor sap.

It was incredible, I had never seen anything like it before. SWG was my first MMORPG and it even helped me quit smoking. I played it non stop for 3 days straight while sucking on hard candy and yelling at my wife to just leave me be while I kick "the habit". It worked too. Haven't smoked since and never will again. I made Master Teras Kasi that weekend, lol.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:53AM Alarie said

@MMOaddict
Fantastic post, haha. Great story and glad you kicked the habit.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:11AM Ageek said

After finally reaching Master Bounty Hunter and tracking down my first jedi. I attacked him and he proceeded to pound me into the dirt. It was one of the best pvp battles I ever had.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 5:46PM Arsinek said

@Ageek Who thinks SWG will end up being better then SWTOR?

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 7:26PM Tristik said

@Ageek

I 2nd that. The first time I engaged a player bounty I thought my heart was going to explode it was beating so hard. Nothing compares to that feeling.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:14AM Quarlo said

I attended an in game Imperial wedding (where I was tasked to provide the post celebration fireworks) on the Princess' Island Retreat on Naboo. Hundreds of players were there for the wedding when suddenly one of the 'guests' showed up as a flaged 'rebel scum'.

The second he walked in dozens of players heads snapped toward him until evenutally a few players decided to take him out.

Well, the rebel went and got some friends and after the wedding it turned into a 6 hour pvp-fest of epic porportions. It seemed almost the entire server was there.

Jackrabbit
(former) Carbineer / (former) Creature Handler
Imperial Pilot

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:30AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Un-subbing from SWG.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:42AM (Unverified) said

Becoming one of the first to unlock Doctor on my server. Struggling to keep up in the first few days with all of the insane wounds people would get - telling people they were better off rerolling than waiting for our meager Medic heals to cure 'em. We all sat in the medical bay in Coronet, only barely aware of what we were doing. It is one of my favorite gaming memories ever.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 10:26AM ActiveNick said

@(Unverified) Yeah, I remember that grind in the medical center, fighting over wounded people to grind medical xp on my master CM Jessyka on Naritus. We did not know the action drain, damage-heal tricks back then. The medical centers were full of people, medics, doctors, CMs and patients of all races and professions.

One day I was alone in the Theed medical center and I was PvP flagged because I had healed a flagged player. A flagged rebel Twi'lek walked in and completely surprised me, she could have killed me without knowing what happened. She did not.

She said: "I will not shoot a doctor who is healing people. I will get you next time, Imperial". This is when I fully realized the power of role-play in SWG.

Her name was Yoni. She later defected and joined the Empire, and joined my guild, TIG. We remembered each other from that day and became best friends in game for the months to come. When I joined the Test Center server in 2004, my main character was a Twi'lek named Yoni, as a tribute to remember my friend.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:43AM (Unverified) said

I was a doctor who makes a living making medicine and owned a small house that served as a store front for my medicine sale. The size of the house was deceptive because I was actually running a operation of almost global proportions, churning out crates after crates of medicine daily. Most satisfying thing ever.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 8:51AM Balmore said

• Half a heart
DCUO is next in case you're wondering.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:00AM DarthDan said

It's hard to pinpoint one memory that stands out above the rest, but definitely time spent among my friends and fellow criminals, whether pursuing agents of Borvo the Hutt in our first ever roleplaying publish, fighting alongside my comrades as we took on the Honored Maidens, having one of our regular meetings in the Mansion throne room, or torturing one of my own crew bosses to prove his loyalty. But really, SWG wasn't about these "larger" player created events. For me, it was really about the smaller events, exploring the dangerous reaches of Dathomir with a close friend aboard our swoop bikes, or sitting around a campfire watching a beautiful lavendar twi'lek dance while a friend and I discussed "business". Good effing times....

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:05AM Unshra said

The player run TKA fight clubs and tournaments are my favorite memory of SWG (turned into a huge player run event), I had a blast with my Teräs Käsi Master/Smuggler/Combat Medic and fought (and won) in many brawls. That one sandbox element all but died when TKAs were killed off from some strange strand of virus called NGE. Unshra died a horrible death and the fatality rate among the TKA was said to be 100%, the doctors could only stand by and watch in horror.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:14AM (Unverified) said

When Jedi's first came out, I remember they were hard to find because if they were killed, they lost a lot exp or something (cannot remember).

They would prance about out side their houses with the rest of the Jedi cream puffs, flexing their sabres and showing off. I turned up once as a Bounty hunter as one of the Jedi's had a bounty on their head. I laughed and joked with them all for about an hour and they started dueling. I asked if I could duel them and they said yes, but not to kill them. I proceeded to open up full throttle on the Jedi I wanted and killed him. My god my chat up window was alive with expleatives and such and I was told I was a £$%£$ and a "£!"£!"3 and so on. I just laughed and laughed and laughed and then logged off quickly...

Was my best time as a BH and I will never forget that gullible Jedi!!!!

After that the game stunk but i did play it for 2 years non stop!!!

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:27AM Starglyte said

It was the days before NGE. My guild along with other Imperials decided to do a raid on Anchorhead and posted on the Valcyn forums at what time the attack would come. Sadly, the Rebels were not able to field more than 3 people.

When were loading up for our raid, that is when the Nightsisters attacked Bestine. There was a Dathomir event going on at the time and they attacked right as we were leaving. They razed the town and had to fight for our lives against the attack. Even the few Rebels (I had relatives over there) came by to take part. Good times.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:35AM Vudujoose said

• Half a heart
My favorite SWG memory has to be this one.....

Lucas Art is the reason its shutting down in December, and to me this mean that they are paving the way for SW:TOR who is taking over the license.

No offense, SWG was a great sandbox mmo, but it had to move over for the new.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:57AM Bladerunner83 said

I really enjoyed hunting Krayt dragons with my friends.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 10:14AM ActiveNick said

@Bladerunner83 Haha, I still remember hunting my first Krayt dragons solo with my AT-ST, healing it from range with my master CM abilities. This is a perfect example of how unbalanced some things were in the pre-CU game, but it did make for some awesome memories :)

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:58AM KvanCetre said

I had a friend who ran a whole town. I got to be the best man at his wedding (Which was real awkward when Comcast went down for a half hour right as it was about to start...).
There were parties with musicians playing in the largest houses... and only a bit later I discovered that this rich mayor was running a brothel in the house.

How's that for sandbox?

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 9:58AM Darkmoone said

• Half a heart
When it finally shut off it's servers.