Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:54PM StringBoi said

Used to have to have a box copy...then one day I woke up and saw all of them stuffed in my closet and I got rid of them. Digital is my preferred way now....clients are ready available and with fast download speeds now, it really doesn't take that much longer to download and update the client than reinstalling from an old disc!

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 3:02PM notinterested said

Steam all the way. Never having to worry about downloading the game from some crappy server or half done p2p setup is nice and for the vast majority of games (pretty much everything outside MMO genre) not having to worry about patches or extra DRM is great.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 3:17PM CassSmith said

Theres too much clutter in todays world to add to it with more boxes, additionally, having kids, if a disc gets damaged or destroyed you've lost your game, alternatively, if anything happens to a digital copy, which are harder to damage, just redownload :D

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 3:39PM 10thDoctor said

Box. I mean, how else can I display them on my gaming shelves so that anyone may walk into the cave and get an instant idea of what I played, conquered, and what games I like and am interested in. Depending on game it has to be the collector edition box as well. Old school I guess, but I am a collector, that much is certain.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 4:45PM Mopo said

Digital. I have enough junk at home. Plus, there are times the digital download is a lot faster than the disk version. Like WoW. It takes forever if you have the original disks.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 6:35PM Kezler said

If its a great game like Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, that has to be in a box and the Collectors Edition. Other games like Homefront, CoD are not as "epic" so digital is ok, as long as its tied to an easy account system(Steam) and not to garbage that EA likes to shove down our throats(Origin).

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 7:24AM darrenkitlor said

I buy cheap, therefore I buy digital.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 8:11PM Lumin said

I like boxed copies. Why? Because buying the boxed or digital version of a game usually costs the same. Especially in the case of collectors' editions that come with extra goodies, you're missing out on a lot of extra stuff if you buy just the CD key online. I collect game boxes as a memory of all the games I've played that were worth buying in box form.