Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:35PM (Unverified) said

Didn't we see this at E3? Not meaning to be a negative nancy but can we get some more substantive information about playable species, character creation, et al.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:53PM Ratham said

@(Unverified) Yes, but only for VIP's and it was under NDA

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:02PM bobfish said

@(Unverified)

Little disappointed, there was plenty of footage of this instance from E3 so there is nothing new to be seen in this video.

I think they've probably reached a point where they've shown too much and now the launch is later in the year than expected they've had to start holding things back so they can make a lot of noise closer to launch :(

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:56PM Joshinu said

@(Unverified) It does say at the beginning of the video "E3 2011 Highlights." With something like that are we really expecting something brand new, never been seen?

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:44PM eyeball2452 said

@Ratham

No. They basically showed this entire clip+ either on Gametrailers (Spike TV) or the Gamespot stage. It's not new if you were following the E3 coverage either on tv or online. It's still cool, but a weak Friday "reveal".

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:55PM EMH said

@(Unverified)

Yeah. In their defense, they told us that this E3 video would be a few weeks late because of tech issues. Still, it's a bit underwhelming. They could have just fit this in with the originally planned Friday Update and not had any issues. In fact, it seems like more issues would come from pushing all the updates back to put in a late E3 video. Oh well. :/

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:36PM Daemodand said

He's barricaded himself inside his throne room wearing a silly hat. He must be stopped!

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:23PM Khalus said

@Daemodand "Also, I don't know why Twi'lek females are so hot, but Twi'lek females are so hot!"

Ever since playing SWG, I've always had a love for the Twi'leks...they're just so damn sexy. I think it must be my admiration of the Japanese culture with their love of tentacles...ROFL!

Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor will be my primary starting char! And I'm leaning heavily towards red skin too.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 6:10PM ElfLove said

@Daemodand

Twi'lek Males are pretty hot as well(With the exception of Bib Fortuna. *yuck*)...and I'm glad they didn't restrict the choice to just female for the race. ^_^

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:39PM b3n said

Aww man, I thought you were talking about The Princess Bride!

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:46PM Scrobes said

Ah, Steven Blum.. ;)

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:53PM Carolina said

For some reason the video has no image for me, just audio.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:54PM Carolina said

@Carolina Hm now it works, nvm.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:53PM Lucien said

Meh, never gonna get over watching a lightsaber cut straight through an NPC with no visible effect. At the very least it'd have been nice if the animations included some rebound off of armor until the kill, which could've functioned like an AoC fatality.

Also, is it just me or have we been seeing the same 5 or 6 stories/encounters from different angles for awhile now? Doesn't really help my fear that we may end up with a few good storylines and an overload of "Kill 10 whomp-rats...with voiceover!"

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:02PM PacketBurner said

@Lucien
Stole the words right out of my mouth (still going to play it mind due)

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:58PM Space Cobra said

@Lucien

Isn't this game rated "T for Teen"?

Can't have body parts flying all over the place, "children" and all that.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:08PM Lucien said

@Space Cobra

No, we can't, but even if normal combat consisted of blocking/dodging/deflecting animations with a connecting hit as the killing blow, it'd fit better into the concept of "cinematic combat with a Star Wars feel".

(also, I'm pretty sure those movies, the ones with people getting their limbs chopped off, are rated PG-13)

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:57PM Carolina said

The character model animations still look weird to me, but the landscape was really pretty at the part where the characters where still outside.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:04PM Neverwinter said

• 1 heart
Lol I can't believe it. They really pulled the same quest. Massively should really write an article titled: How mmorpg companies respect their player base. I think with CCP and their microtransactions introduced in their newest patch, latest Bioware "updates" on the game and all latest PR debacles the article is right on spot. But ... I guess I will only be shadowed in a min or two ...

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:03PM Laurs said

• 1 heart
@Neverwinter

Well you have an upvote from me, because i agree with you; moreover you can add Blizzard to the list and their "don't release anything interesting untill the competition is ready to launch" policy, which is a big "F YOU" right in the face of its customers, but i digress.

But hey, i'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are perfectly content with all of this; ignorance truly is bliss.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM