Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:17PM Mode7James said

@Deadalon I don't think you're far from the truth there. Economists have ruined America's economy, so it's only natural they'd try to screw with Eve's. Paul Krugman wants higher taxes, so naturally if he were working for CCP he'd also want $80 monocles...

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:36PM Lateris said

@Deadalon I am starting to see your point of views now Deadalon- apologies.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 2:16AM Space Cobra said

@Deadalon

I think there is a bit more to it than that, but certainly I can believe the economist may've missed things up.

Again, I admit to not knowing the intricacies, but this does seem like it was planned and rolled out. The Real-Money exchange into PLEX. PLEX into ISK. The mega-player Corporations and the need to siphon off more money. And now, we have Aurum (and remember AU=chemical symbol for gold!). I am actually not surprised that they plan on introducing items that are HIGHER in price than those currently in the shop.

If you look back over these past moves, it all seems like they fit in well into this plan. Now, CCP's attitude has always been a bit arrogant and even cavalier, so why would they change and apologize now? They've always seemed smug. They've always liked the player-shenanigans and they are just riding that attitude.

Now, it looks like they've rode into a brick wall but have yet to realize it. This probably will have them eating humble pie in a few months, but we have to see how the mega-player corporations deal with this; they may come up to the challenge or they may decide it is too much and just quit the game. I can tell you that I can't see newer players being attracted when they start playing and learn of this ceiling.

There is also another disquieting thing I haven't really thought of but seems to have disturbed subconsciously and it may partly go with their attitude and some of their player's attitudes but I only have a hunch and no strong evidence to back it up, so I can't say too much, but it feels a bit wrong.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:11PM Enaris said

Um... wow. Nothing like pandering to the egotistical gamer set. 'Look at me, I've laid out $200 on costume bits! I'm special!" Of course CCP is more than happy to take their money.

EVE's always pandered to the most feral aspects of game play, and it really shouldn't be a surprise that the Devs are just as feral as the most ruthless corps in game.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:22PM bcrfan said

dudes, all hell is breaking loose in game now, massive protests in Jita, and http://fr.justin.tv/deamosseraph#/w/1380742320/4 for whats going on in eve radio

Nuts, nuts, nuts.

Who needs soap operas when youve got eve. Ha!

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:34PM bcrfan said

@Tempes Magus I know, ain't it great :D

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 12:37AM Utakata said

@Tempes Magus

With this move...I can see the fat lady preparing a swan song just on the horizon.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:45PM (Unverified) said

Neither of the points covered are even close to being the communities concern. Eve is going F2P/P2W and CCPGames has lied to their customers in the hopes of milking them for 9-18months while they continue development of DUST. With the leak customers foundout they were being abandon much earlier then the date CCP had hoped for.

Their response shows they plan to push ahead regardless of the collapse which is well under way.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:20PM Luk said

@Tempes Magus
You mean Cryptic way, right?

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:46PM (Unverified) said

The economist is fine. It's the banker from failed CITIGROUP who is an issue.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 11:45PM Saerain said

• 1 heart
@Tempes Magus Yes, how villainous.

Posted: Jun 25th 2011 1:47AM Saerain said

• 1 heart
@Tempes Magus I have to say that I see the good of the customer being served by nothing better than the success of the company, in the long term, all emotional outbursts aside.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:53PM Hild said

Incarna didn't so much break anything for me...but if you are going to use EVE as a test bed for Dust and WOD just say so.

As for the store, as long as it doesn't break the economy or sandbox, I really don't care.

CCP just needs to be upfront about what's going on.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:08PM Paradigm68 said

You should fix the headline. Nothing was addressed, playerbase was essentially told to kiss off.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:09PM Aelon said

Meh. I quit months ago after playing for a few months with the circa 2002 "missioning" system where you get to repeat the same tasks over and over... forever.

FUN!

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:23PM Jade Effect said

• Half a heart
This is just the same sparkle pony whining all over again. For now, it's cosmetics items. Players are not being forced to buy new pants.

Whether or not CCP will implement other cash shop items remains to be seen. Crying about it just seems premature.

And even if CCP puts in space ships for sale, they have a monopoly on their game and they know it. Cancel if you wish, but where else would you go? Perpetuum Online, the poor copy? Bwahaha

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:37PM Old Tom said

@Jade Effect

You clearly did not read the leaked document .. props for trolling tho.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:38PM (Unverified) said

@Jade Effect No it is not. Tune into eve-radio.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:49PM Jade Effect said

• 1 heart
@Old Tom

Maybe you missed the part in the article which says "He also points out that EVE's future RMT implementations are not contained in the memos"

Hah, sweet irony when someone tells others to go read.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 10:06PM (Unverified) said

@Jade Effect What? Try reading again. Then read some of the history. or maybe read some of the history first....