Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 6:37PM Beau Hindman said

Yes! Go Anarchy! I'm so glad I revisited it a lot this year and rediscovered how good the community is and how fun the game can be. I love the open character progression.

They don't make em like this anymore, at least not in the "AAA" market.

Beau

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 9:50AM Fabius Bile said

@Beau Hindman neither in the F2P market, nor in the indie market...AO is a one time wonder...

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 6:44PM alucard3000 said

Too bad the new engine isnt done yet that would be an awesome 10 year gift.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 6:59PM Ghostspeaker said

Ah, AO. Every time I hear about how this great game is still chugging along it makes me want to hug the internet.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:07PM Greymantle said

I tried this game a few years ago and the graphics were really bad. Have they improved the graphics over the last few years?

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 10:17AM Kyzgar said

@Greymantle
They've done a bunch of texture updates, which help, but the major improvement will come when they finish their migration to the AoC engine. I'm hoping they finish it this year, and it's what I'm waiting for.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:10PM C Rose said

I love you AO! So many great memories over the years. They may have had an infamously rocky launch, but it's withstood the test of time due to it's incredible innovations and uniqueness. Not to mention the absolute devotion from the small but loyal staff, and fan-base.

The AoC engine conversion is ACTUALLY done too! They are simply finishing up the bugs they need to and it should be ready to launch soon. No really this time. :)

One last thing. They are having a "party" sure in-game, but also an actual real life bash also. Any fan is invited to attend and hangout with the devs that we've all come to know personally due to their openness with the community. I'd be there in a second if I could make it up to Canada.

Love AO, love the community. It's truly a special MMO in a world of so many lack-luster AAA's.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:12PM C Rose said

"...but also an actual real life bash also."

EDIT: too many "also's" but I'm excited to see AO on the site. So sue me. :)

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 10:27AM Omali said

@C Rose

Well you don't have to worry about that because next time, they'll be deadly serious next time.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:19PM Lateris said

Great game, great content. Happy 10 years. Can't wait for the engine update. Might as well redo every graphic and apply new physics.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:23PM Nepentheia said

Ah yes, Anarchy Online... my greatest gaming love. :-)

"Never, ever underestimate the Power of Leet."

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:37PM mysecretid said

My first full-on MMORPG love. Adored this game. The only real reason I've been gone is that the uber-dated graphics make my eyes bleed.

If FunCom would just modernize the game graphics, I'd be there.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 7:57PM Avick said

@mysecretid

Good thing that's precisely what they're doing, then!

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 10:10AM ApathyCurve said

@Avick

Yes, but the problem is that they've been "doing" it for three years now. I love the character system and the world of AO, but I can't make myself deal with those graphics. I can play Project 1999 EQ without a problem, but something about AOs graphics are just.... ick.

I need another good sci-fi MMO (Eve gets on my nerves from time-to-time), and AO would be it. But the devs really, really, REALLY need to step on the gas where the graphics update is concerned. I understand the whole thing about limited resources, but even taking that into account they've been dithering around with it for far too long: Just do it, or don't do it.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 8:40PM Drakul said

Easily the worst launch of any mmo ever. FPS? Try FPM. Glad they worked it out in the end.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:56AM oddshrub said

@Drakul I was there at the launch, I was also there when shadowbane made AO's launch look like a breeze.

But Funcom sure do have a neck for releasing MMOs that aren't finished until a year after their release. :p

Hopefully they've learned something for TSW.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 12:53PM enamelizer said

@oddshrub Man, I had forgotten about Shadowbane's launch. AO I can never forget since I put up with the pain day in and day out at launch.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 8:41PM Calen said

I'm one of the previous Directors of Omni-Pol, and it's make me a mushy inside to see that the game is still chugging along!

I have so many fond memories off this game, and I hope they would get their engine upgrade up and running, so I could dedicate some time on Rubi-Ka again!

Equimon
Former Director of Omni-Pol

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 10:29AM (Unverified) said

@Calen I was a member when Gencop was President, and then Valaroo later :D

I loved this game for a LONG time. I do hope they release a new version of the game entirely someday, something like the World of Warcraft engine but designed as Anarchy Online 2.0

Posted: Jun 23rd 2011 9:21PM whateveryousay said

This was my first PC MMO and is the standard for which I hold all other Massively Multiplayers to. Sure, today's games are a lot prettier, but when it comes to game play, community, and content, few hold a candle to AO.

LONG LIVE ANARCHY!