Posted: Jun 24th 2011 8:33AM Valkesh said

Saw this coming with PLEX. Saw this coming when they announced the item shop for Incarna. Something amazing, if nothing but a marvel of MMO tech, is about to be sullied forever due to the ceaseless pursuit of squeezing every last nickle and dime out of their community. Even more disappointing that the World of Darkness MMO, while highly interesting, is now completely off my list.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 11:31AM Bitter EVE vet said

After 7 years invested in this game, I never thought I'd see blunders surpass the T20 incident (devs caught cheating in game) or the boot file disaster, but wow, was I wrong. The past two weeks have left me stupefied, and I'm wondering what the heck CCP is thinking...no no...doing.

I simply do not understand how a game company can move away from core concepts which made Eve great, and go in the complete opposite direction!

A loss for words atm......

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:20PM Bitter EVE vet said

It would appear the Eve community is going wild at the moment:

"Apparently* several well-known player accounts have just been banned in relation to the forum rage

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 2:30PM Neverwinter said

@Bitter EVE vet

wow you should watch what is happening at jita atm

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 3:21PM (Unverified) said

@Bitter EVE vet

Yes, the vocal part of EVE community is once again acting like spoiled children as per usual.

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 3:35PM Kaahn Stewart said

Do we have an ETA on the incoming interview?

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 6:13PM Wensbane said

CCP Zulu:

"People have been shocked by the price range in the NeX store, but you should remember that we are talking about clothes. Look at the clothes you are currently wearing in real life." ~snip~

"Why would you want to wear a pair of $1,000 jeans when you can get perfectly similar jeans for under $50? What do other people think about you when they see you wearing them? For some you will look like the sad culmination of vainness while others will admire you and think you are the coolest thing since sliced bread." ~snip~

"We will gradually introduce items at other price points, definitely lower and probably higher than what‘s in the store today."

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 6:31PM Wensbane said

These people never learn.

The truth is that EvE Online currently offers a mediocre level of character customization. Especially for a subscription-based "AAA" title.

You essentially get - coloring aside - a couple of different types of pants, a couple of different types of shirts, possibly some form of jacket and/or boots, and that's it.

Even when you can shape your face in oh so many ways, you still end up looking like a clone of a clone of yet another clone (which, ironically, kind of fits the setting).

No matter what we all think about 70 dollar monocles - and judging by Zulu's words, that won't be the most scandalous thing in there for long - there is absolutely no question that they NEED to remedy this single fact. Don't be greedy and give us, at least, some basic options!

Heck, I may not be willing to pay for all the vanity stuff that is offered in Champions Online, but at least I know I still have access to HUNDREDS of different costume pieces. I can make something truly unique out of that (not ideal, but good enough for me).

In EvE? Well, I'll let you know after I've dumped a few hundred dollars...