Posted: Jun 21st 2011 2:36PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
With concern over SoE masking security issues, they should probably just hand out chastity belts. Over the security issues, SOE has nothing breath taking, or market changing since Everquest. Lame duck.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 2:48PM kasapina said

Can we stop beating that horse already?

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:57PM (Unverified) said

@kasapina

Not really a dead horse, it's poor quality, poor effort. Like alot of companys mass producing junk product, the only standard is the players and them paying for these products. The only true solution is to boycott these companys performing lazily, annd producing just plain bad quality of gaming.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 2:50PM (Unverified) said

So, either you got rid of the "previous" page links so it's now impossible to read anything that's not on the front page, or you attached them to ads somehow and my adblocker (Google Chrome) is now blocking them, as...I no longer see any "previous" links. :p I know, nothing to do with all those poor girls that need a helping hand, but just thought I'd let you know of this little navigational hiccup that now exists on your site.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 2:59PM ultimateq said

I don't consider this "masking" anything, they were down for a month to fix their stuff, they fixed it, then gave everyone compensation. So the company has to focus entirely on the hacking incident for the rest of time?

I don't know about you, but I'm eager for them to work on Everquest next and Planetside next. So, Thank you SoE for addressing the security issues, and thank you for the 45 days of free game time and my 1 year of identity theft protecting, now get back to work!

Oh and Congratulations to Alicia Crawford!

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 4:40PM smg77 said

Oh look, Smed needs a new girlfriend.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 5:58PM bleyzwun said

I just had to say Gamers In Real Life sounds retarded. What other life would you be a gamer in?

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 5:59AM PrimeSynergy said

@bleyzwun

Second Life? It could be like some weird Inception sort of deal. A game within a game...

...within a game

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 9:07PM (Unverified) said

So am I the only one who finds this a bit sexist?

Where is the SOE scholarship/intern program for male gamers?

I personally would love to win something like this and would put it to good use but apparently because I have a different set of gentiles I am somehow less deserving.

So much for equal civil rights for all....

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 12:38AM jkugelberg said

@(Unverified) Estimates indicate only 8-11% of those in game development are women. The intention behind this program is to encourage women to get into the industry. I don't see that as sexist so much as Sony trying to appeal to female gamers, which are generally more focused on casual titles. It's about profit, same as usual.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 11:12AM Irem said

@(Unverified)
"Where is the SOE scholarship/intern program for male gamers?"

It's called "everything that isn't this one scholarship program." The industry has been trying to attract more female developers, but game design still has a reputation as a boy's club and programs like these are designed to show that the company is friendly to female talent.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories