Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:24AM Pingles said

The game has been $9.99 on Legos site forever. This makes sense.

As an AFOL (Adult Fan of Lego) Lego Universe has always been on my list of subscription options (I only subscribe to 1 at a time).

Will definitely be playing in August.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:40PM TheElvenAssassin said

@Pingles I tried it out in beta, and I really liked the game (AFOL too (; ) but I couldn't afford a sub at the time. Glad this is going freemium; I'm excited to start playing again. :)

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 8:47PM devildog9802 said

@Pingles

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:25PM ShivanSwordsman said

@TheElvenAssassin

As they stated, there's going to be a content wall for free users. This is just an unlimited trial, kind of like what Warhammer Online has. I wouldn't get too overjoyed just yet, it sounds more like you get half the content, and then you have to start paying them.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:26AM Grumms said

absolutely great news! I had bought it a little after release when the price dropped, didn't think it was worth another month afterwards, due to the sub fee.

This is awesome :)

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:55AM Space Cobra said

Really great news. I had yet to visit since launch, but considered it.

I am a bit concerned by the "doing away with physical media" comment, because they had some actual Lego models to give at launch and was hoping to see something similar in the future (in fact, come to think of it, having a model tie-in with a month subscription would've been a nice way to encourage people to get both).

They probably really should consider adding microtransactions sometime soon; although I strangely feel more emboldened to buy a time-card to help out from time to time (and get to locked content).

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:11PM (Unverified) said

Perfect, now I can sign my kids up. I wont let me kids play non freemium games, they like to swap between games and I do not want to have to maintain 2 memberships to 6 games.

Now all they need to do is implement Family accounts. Parent account and up to say 4 or 5 kids accounts, all for one subscription amount that is NOT 5x normal amount. I like to control what/when they play, and occasionally play with them, but don't want to have to maintain a full subscription to do that.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:51PM Lateris said

@(Unverified) Same here. And the beauty is I won't buy a thing.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:42PM Dumac said

This is how free to play should be done. Good news.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 4:55PM Sorithal said

Awesome. Will definitely give it another look then. Played the beta and enjoyed it, but there wasn't really enough in there to be worth it imo... this is really good news though :)

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 5:05PM Skyydragonn said

To those in the know about NetDevils woe's this past year. Does this strike you as a publicity/money stunt with the faint hope of covering thier mounting legal fees? Being that netDeveil has no current income generating projects besides LEGO universe (that I know of atm)
Sad to say but I forsee Jumpgate Evolution being cancelled, and revived as a poorly done F2P game, nothing like it predecessor.

color me sadfaced

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 7:09PM (Unverified) said

bad sign for the game and net devil and frankly a mediocre approach to the ip

The Daily Grind: I'll miss you, Vanguard

Posted on Jul 31st 2014 8:00AM

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM