Posted: Jun 21st 2011 9:24PM N620AA said

Regarding your question about multiple masters... that might have something to do with the period.

We know, for instance, that Revan and Malak both had many Masters even before they left the Order. It seems that the Old Republic way to train Jedi is different in this respect, that several Masters collaborated to train a single Padawan in their respective areas of expertise (at least we know that to have been the case when Revan was retrained).

We also do not see the Master/Padawan dynamic at all in the games, although my theory is that since the Order in SWTOR is the one reconstructed by the Lost Jedi, the concept would likely have started around this time (after all, the Exile was one Master with many Padawans). However, even she seems to have had many masters.

So yeah. I don't think it's that unusual for Satele to have several as well.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:38PM Space Cobra said

@N620AA

"Multiple Masters"

It could also be similar to what Ahsoka Tano does in "Clone Wars : The animated series"; basically showing respect for all her elders by calling them, "Master", regardless if they are Anakin or not. She tends to call Obi Wan, Yoda, and all the Jedi Masters, "Master", at least to their face.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:47PM eyeball2452 said

Is there a good list of where to find all the current TOR lore? For example, I know that the official website does the shorts every now and then, but I didn't know about the comic. Is there even more than those two sources?

Second, do you think an MMO will ever add a feature that summarizes the story up to the point where a player currently is in the game? I used to read a lot lore, but as games add quest markers, I tend to read less and less. However, it would be nice to go back and catch up somewhere.

In terms of Warcraft for example, I've played WAR2/3 and WoW/TBC/LK, but I don't always pick up all the nuances of the story along the way. Since there's no in-game resource, I relied on the WoW Insider Know Your Lore column, which I still read fairly often even though I haven't played the game in a few years.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 1:02AM N620AA said

@eyeball2452 Two novels have been released so far, Fatal Alliance and Deceived. Both are set in the era SWTOR takes place in. You can also learn a decent amount by playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and its sequel. They do take place 300 years earlier, but they're the "foundation" of things, if you will. The known SWTOR lore builds on it.

Another novel, this one about Revan, is also coming.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 1:00AM N620AA said

@JohnLane What about him? Darth Bane doesn't come about for another 2,600 years or so (1,026 BBY). SWTOR takes place around 10 years after the Treaty of Coruscant (that's 3,653 BBY). These comics seem to be in that same timeline, which is roughly 300 years after the events of the KOTOR games.

If you're referring to the Rule of Two, Bane came up with that by studying Darth Revan's holocrons. It's also a Sith doctrine. But Revan only arrives at the conclusions in his holocron after having fallen to the dark side. KOTOR says that he did have more than one master before that (Kreia was one, and was exiled because her views on the Force were believed to be partially responsible for Revan's fall). Kreia talks about how Revan had many masters, but in the end, came back to her to learn how to best leave the Order forever.

We don't have definitive proof of things one way or the other, but I'm saying that it's safe enough to assume, based on what we do know, that Jedi had many masters during this period. What Space Cobra suggested is another possibility.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 1:37PM Laurs said

@ JohnLane

What language are you speaking in dude?

Posted: Jun 22nd 2011 2:05PM WyattEarp89 said

@Laurs I have no clue. I have never heard anyone say "...like to discuss all of this since it is filthy" that is related to an article on Star Wars, lol. What the heck does that mean?