Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:34AM Mikkhail said

seriously? 50 bucks ... for no pvp ... no crafting ... no auctions ... really?

the minion system and estate system looking kinda interesting ... but not "50 bucks + a sub" interesting"

pass ... this looks like a complete non-starter ...

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 2:55PM Daemodand said

@Mikkhail Wait a couple of months, my friend. It'll be F2P. Oh, yes.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:01PM (Unverified) said

@Mikkhail it's actualy 39,99$ on Steam right now, so it's turning out a bit cheaper than Rift.

Besides, the lack of PvP doesn't shows the game is presumable bad, Lord of the Rings Online doesn't have it (besides an under-developed thing available via subscription to high-level characters).

That there is no auction and crafting shows that the developers ran out of money before the game was fully completed...
not good, but still...
IMO, no crafting at all is better than a crafting system made just to put a "check!" on the list of features, like they did in Rift. There IS a crafting system in Rift but the items made with it have no value whatsoever and it's practically pointless to craft anything.

I hope if Heatwave Interactive manage to hoard some money from pre-ordering, they'll come up with AH and something for crafter shortly.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 5:25PM sortius said

@(Unverified) While I agree that crafting systems to check a box are bad, intending to have one and an AH then not releasing at launch is a bad sign. A really bad sign.

It seems that game producers are embarking on stupidly large projects that they can't handle these days. It's kind of a sorry state of affairs.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:42AM Tearofsoul said

• Half a heart
Check out Amazon, they have a $200+ collector edition. Lawl

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:29PM WyattEarp89 said

@Tearofsoul That info is not corect on Amazon. The $200 is for the Collectors Edition Roman Helmet that you can actually wear, but it does not come with the game. There is a $79.99 Collectors Edition that comes with the game, soundtrack, etc.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:45AM KorbenDallas said

No way. Most will be very disappointed in this money-grab by the dev team. Combat mechanics of game-play might be okay, but complete lack of content and overall mmorpg deliverables within design are so shallow and missing, that its' price-point/business model and subscription rate, which matches that of a AAA Mainstream mmorpg, is not at all worth it.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:48AM (Unverified) said

who cares, looks like complete crap

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:51AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

I tried the beta and it ran like crap on my newish machine. Some of it looked great, but most of the game play was as boring as could be.

I would not spend $50 on this, save your money for GW2 or SWTOR.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:49AM Nef said

Tried the beta and, honestly, can't justify the price of this title. Maybe if it came out some years earlier, but not now. There are far better MMO's to play that don't cost nearly as much (or anything).

The only thing it sort of has going for it is the mythological theme, but that's not really enough.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:59AM ActiveNick said

I already have live subs to WoW & EVE Online, an SOE Station Access pass, a STO lifetime sub, and retail boxes for all 4 Guild Wars campaigns/expansions. I also have active F2P accounts for Forsaken World, Champions Online, LotRO, DDO, and Global Agenda. I'm now waiting for the F2P versions of AoC and Fallen Earth that were announced, and I have a boatload of other F2P MMOs I wanna try too.

My next MMO sub will be SWTOR. I tried RIFT and WAR but chose not to sub.

It takes a lot for me to buy & sub to yet another MMO given the bazilion games I already have and my limited playtime. If there is a trial, I will try Gods & Heroes, but until then, I'll wait for the reviews.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:04PM Mikkhail said

@ActiveNick
you are active, Nick! :)

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:28PM Zantom said

@ActiveNick

Not far from my history and situation. Though I have simplified a lot recently and now just pop into SWG from time to time (I still love the non-combat game there) and WoW for BGs and PvP. If you add in Team Fortress 2 for some quick fun there is even less time.

It is either a sign of desperation (which I feel for them) or ignorance (they will soon learn) that they are launching with this kind of box price and sub model in this current gaming market. Here is an easy tip devs, just be gaming consumers for a few months yourselves...

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:02PM Mikkhail said

kinda sorta sad when a game does not have at least a few fanbois to irrationally prop it up ...

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:04PM Space Cobra said

I like it, but not for a sub-based game. Also did the Beta.

I may buy the box, because the studio deserves some kind of reward, but I am crazy; I do agree that for most folks, $50 initial investment is probably too high.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:05PM Sunlover said

Calling it now: F2P within a year or so, or straight up shut down.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:15PM Mikkhail said

@Sunlover
I hate to say it, but unless they crank out some serious content quick (and get really good word of mouth really quick) I think this will be a shut down within 6 months to a year ... And become another target for someone like GamersFirst to pick up.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:38PM Rayko said

@Sunlover

What amazing powers of perception you have.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:34PM Sunlover said

@Rayko

Why thank you. More like an educated guess. Not much different than something an analyst would do...

Lego Universe just announced it's going freemium in August, just two months shy of being a year old (It released last October). Different games with different players, sure. However, Lego Universe had a pretty big buzz going into release, a HUGE established intellectual property, and a larger potential pool of customers seeing as how it was accessible and appropriate for players of all ages. Gods & Heroes has none of these things, and having been a beta tester, I can say that any number of F2P MMOs are just as good as, if not better, than G&H. And as far as the M-rating/nudity is concerned, mature MMORPG players will have F2P AoC in a short while. All G&H has is Greek/Roman mythology, which could have been cool, but doesn't quite cut it with the way it's been presented here.

In conclusion, I stand by my "powers of perception", as you put it. Unless Heatwave Interactive actually enjoys losing money and laying people off, of course...

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:47PM Rayko said

@Sunlover

Oh I agree with you, I was more joking that it was obvious that this game would fail.