Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:22PM Unshra said

As a mission runner I love the new agent finder and the interface is rather sleek for EVE. The added turret information is just icing on the cake, I know I will be fighting the urge to log on and skip the workout the moment I get home from work (assuming the servers are up).

For me personally it's a good day to be an EVE player and CCP support. ^_^

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:36PM Sireangelus said

I always expect downtimes to go longer than anticipated for major releases from any developer.

There are so many variables that expecting everything to go off in the time planned is unlikely.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:05PM Mode7James said

@Sireangelus That doesn't appear to be the issue with this release. I actually think they're doing a pretty good job lately, with the iterative patches, and the newer deployment methods.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:13PM Sireangelus said

@Mode7James I'm not really complaining, I just figure that with these incredibly complex systems having something take longer than expected is not uncommon.

There seems to be lots of neat stuff that I'm looking forward to playing with once everything is up and stable. I've just found that "be patient and don't expect downtime to end right when they say it will" is the best way for me to approach big content updates.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:48PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Oh that's funny, we've had that agent finder coded by community (Chribba) since...erm... 2006?
www.eve-agents.com

But sure, a worthy item to have in your scrum log..

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 2:47PM (Unverified) said

@SgtBaker1234556 Problem with Chribbas agent finder (no disrespect to him, he's a great guy and does a hell of a lot for the eve community) is that it's horribly out of date. There's agents in there that haven't been in eve for a good 4 years if not longer. This in game system is very welcomed imo.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:14PM Unshra said

@(Unverified) Agreed, the online agent tools were out-dated listing old agents or even missing agents. I had to use two tools and and a few boards when it came to agents and even then information was missing or incorrect.

As Unverified said it's a very welcomed tool, at least now we should have a tool that is up to date.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:52PM Harley Dude said

Looking forward to checking it out when I get home.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:15PM SpaceMovies said

Can't wait till Incarna is online!

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 5:50PM tonyn84 said

So after reading about all the new/recent changes, I think I have to give Eve another shot. Any advice for a new player to make the best of the trial time?