Posted: Jun 21st 2011 9:39AM Eric Francis said

"All players will be required to (re)create their avatar upon logging in after the patch in order to allow them to experience the new ambulatory features."

Is this correct? I thought only people who didnt create avatars before would be forced to make one to log in the game?

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 9:40AM (Unverified) said

@Eric Francis

Perhaps I misunderstood the patch notes, but that's how they put it. If this is incorrect, feel free to post here and let me know and I'll alter the article accordingly. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 9:56AM Unshra said

@Eric Francis That's how I interrupted as well, that they are no longer allowing people to skip avatar creation (which they said they would eventually do). Though I will be honest and say I would love to have the option to recreate my character as his cheek bones are too high. ;-P

Patch Quote: "All players logging into Tranquility will now have to create an avatar. You will not be able to proceed into game without one."

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:22AM Berzerk said

@Eric Francis If you haven't made an Incursion avatar, you will have to for Incarna. It's very difficult to log into your CQ without having a person standing there.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 9:58AM Lucifon said

Believe you misunderstood the patch notes Matt. " Incarna 1.0 features Captain's Quarters - the first step TOWARDS opening the interiors of space stations for players"

No space stations interiors just yet, only the Captain's Quarters for now but they're building towards it.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:00AM cogswick said

"All players are required to customize their characters using the character customization tool. If you have not yet customized your character, you will be prompted to do so prior to entering the game."

This is aimed at the players who haven't updated their characters with the new models yet. Most players did this when the new character creator came out.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:26AM GaaaaaH said

Has it been 18 months already?

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:32AM Berzerk said

@GaaaaaH 18 months? EVE does major releases ever 6 months.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 1:55PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Berzerk

I think you missed the joke there...

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:29AM Raikulxox said

Hmm..it seems all stations are fitted with the same station for now, the other 3 are still in the works. Hope they come soon.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:30AM Raikulxox said

@Raikulxox Err, meant interior. Amarr, Caldari and Gallente aren't released yet. Have to deal with Minmatar for now.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:34AM Berzerk said

@Raikulxox They mentioned that the functionality was the important bit with the first part of the release. All the different ones are supposed to be out by the end of the summer. One of the devs mentioned it during the AT talk sessions on the afternoon of the 4th day... I think.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 10:36AM Unshra said

Oh and the I think the new agent finder is just sexy.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:01AM PrimeSynergy said

@Unshra

Ditto. As a mission runner, this is easily my new favorite feature. I think I'm in love.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:25AM Raikulxox said

Yes, this and the talk of redesigning certain ships besides the one that came with this update are the most important to me.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 11:48AM Rodj Blake said

"The most notable addition with this update is undoubtedly the new ability for players to finally exit their spaceships and explore the universe's many space stations on their own two feet."

Nope.

All you get to explore is a glorified hotel room, and you don't get to meet anyone else either.

In short, it's a new UI for the hangar screen.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 12:09PM b3n said

Why would anyone buy clothes for their character at this point? No one else can see them and it requires real money (unless you have at least 300M in game currency)

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 4:59PM killroy said

@b3n Well you can put on the purchased clothes and then capture your portrait again, thereby allowing others to see a tiny picture of you in your new getup.

But yeah I agree with what your saying, the sooner we can interact with each others avatars the more relevant a vanity shop becomes.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 3:04PM ultimateq said

Congratulations Eve Players. I'm genuinely excited for you, seems to be a big update.

Posted: Jun 21st 2011 8:47PM Eamil said

Sad to say I'm a little disappointed in the new Aura voice. She sounds too... bright and cheerful, compared to the sinister voice they removed ages ago and that I hoped would be coming back.

At least she lives on in the vocalized error and notification messages ("Warp Drive Active"), but still. Sigh.

Oh well. I made a new trial account to check out the game and I'm working my way through the new tutorials. The captain's quarters are a pretty neat addition.