Posted: Jun 19th 2011 3:55PM ultimateq said

This is actually kind of interesting.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 4:02PM DevilSei said

Tried this before, but there was nothing to really latch onto me. It's not so much a game as it is a Diversion, much like MyBrutes was. I ended up just falling into a thing of "click-watch-click-watch-click-watch".

It's a decent diversion though.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 4:03PM Bhagpuss said

Nice write-up, as always. The backgrounds look gorgeous and the gameplay sounds intriguing. Another one I'm not going to find time for, though, I fear.

I looked at the City of Eternals website earlier this week, as it happens. Looks interesting and I look forward to your report. Have you had a chance to try A Mystical Land yet? It's really good - kind of what I hoped Earth Eternal would be, except without the animal races.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 4:21PM Beau Hindman said

@Bhagpuss Yeh I've played (playing) A Mystical Land. Will probably do a write-up on it real soon. I love the look of it, especially when you get more out in the world.

Thanks for the comments so far, guys!

Beau

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 7:54PM (Unverified) said

I guess it's about time I registered...

Anyways, great write up. I always enjoy your columns. I gave City of Eternals a try today and got promptly gang eaten by zombies. So I'll try a bit later when the caffeine sets in. I've been doing AML also and quite like it, though I have a few gripes about some of the systems. I last played when they messed up the difficulty curve, so maybe I should go give it another chance.

As for Pockie Ninjas, I thought it was cute but not my thing. I'm just not an anime fan (I can't stand their version of humor). The only anime I ever liked was Vampire Hunter D. So I guess I'll go get eaten by zombies again or go see if AML's difficulty has been fixed.

Posted: Jun 20th 2011 2:21AM Space Cobra said

You know, I don't know if this is "legit" or not and my Naruto knowledge is not that detailed (I am also an older anime fan), but reading the web-page this is either licensed or it may seriously skirt around being a Naruto game. All the characters (I've seen and know just a little about) seem to have the exact same names and matching looks. The name of the village is the same and if you press the "manga" button, you are thrown to a Naruto/Bleach page.

In short, I am wondering if this is more like all those unlicensed Pokemon-MMOs out there or something along those lines, since they really don't actually say "Naruto" on the site (beyond one of the character's names).

Posted: Jun 20th 2011 6:29PM Eamil said

@Space Cobra The site itself may not say it but I'm pretty sure I've seen the phrase "Naruto vs. Bleach" in their advertising on Newgrounds.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound