Posted: Jun 17th 2011 11:53PM Joshua Przygocki said

Has anyone gone to Allods since the "release" How is it?

Still plagued by the bad cash shop and deadly grind? I REALLY wanted to play that MMO but couldn't get over the flaws.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 12:09PM Ratham said

@Joshua Przygocki You can actually play the game for free now, 1 of the servers was at medium population (havent seen that in months, let alone at like midnight a few days back).

Holy charms (used to be forced to buy these or face bad death penalties) are now free.

The -50% damage/heal debuff unless you pay has been removed as well.

Only thing you could argue is p2w are the runes, which you can actually earn in-game.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 5:00PM Joshua Przygocki said

@Ratham So is it still a very slow grindfest? Or has that smoothed out too?

I didn't mind not having auto attack, but the combat seemed ridiculously slow.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 12:03AM NeverDeath said

I had gone back a few times, it seemed to have improved but not in the fundamental ways in which many of us had hoped. The game had to pay for itself, and most of us knew that going in - but personally, I would much rather have paid a sub to pay the game and seen it get the mechanics and attention that it deserved from its developers, than had it for free with stupid gimmicks to try to get me to pay.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 12:51AM Faction 3 said

@NeverDeath Gotta agree here, bigtime. Just as you said, the fundamentals that were changed were never really changed back, just other bullshit ideas and gimmicks thrown at it. For example: The inability to Rep-Raid, The extraordinary Mob Strength, Deadly XP Grind, Warbanners, and so-on. The gimmick: Insense!

Nothing was more "fun" than having to grind away 200+ overpowered mobs to get Rep Gear to move onto the next zone and barely survive there...go ^%&* yourself!!

The potential this game had makes me angry actually...

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 12:39AM (Unverified) said

What could have been...

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 1:20AM (Unverified) said

So... Still haven't fixed the stat system or the support class issues?

Then I still won't be playing.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 2:53PM Pingles said

I quit the game because of their early issues and haven't gone back.

HOWEVER, I suggest that anyone intrigued by the game should try it. It is truly an exceptional game and is likely a lot of fun to play.

If it hadn't broken my heart I'd be playing. But I just can't bring myself to reinstall.

But it IS a very good game.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 3:13PM Vudujoose said

Does auto attack still require you to spam a button? If so I think I'll stick with what I know. This game had potential (when I played in beta) after beta it descended into a deep dark hole in my mind and there it resides with the other terribad MMO's that have been released in the last 5 years.

Free to plays don't have to be bad, just look at games like DDO, Lotro, and especially Global Agenda.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 5:40PM Pingles said

@Vudujoose

When I left the game there was no auto-attack. The developers purposely left it out because they wanted combat to be less mindless. This and the lack of a mini-map were two big development complaints.

I thought it was kind of refreshing for the developer to stick to their guns with the vision they had for the game rather than adding every feature to WoW-ify the game.

But I understand they may have added auto-attack in a patch.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 1:41AM (Unverified) said

@Pingles There's a minimap now too.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 2:44PM Booyakasha said

Its alot cheaper and better now ... cant wait for the new patch .