Posted: Jun 16th 2011 11:39AM Mikkhail said

At a high level ... this game sounds awesome ... 3 factions (what?! yay!) ... PvPvP ... Sci fi! ... huge worlds to explore ... GM run events ... dang ... have to see the details, but my ears are definately perked up.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 11:48AM bobfish said

@Mikkhail Really does sound too good to be true.. kind of reminds me of Pre-NGE SWG.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 6:26PM real65rcncom said

@Mikkhail

Yeah, at least they got the three faction thing right.

That's one reason RIFT will end up stumbling.. two factions is the wrong way to go for 2011 and beyond for PvP.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 11:52AM Lenn said

This approach is the exact opposite of SWTOR's and GW2's. Whereas the latter two have been hyped for years before release, up pops this game, slated for a release this year. No hype to build up, no disappointment when the hype turns out to have been too much.

Take note, developers.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:11PM Halldorr said

@Lenn Completely agree! it is so much nicer to see a release of a game that is coming up in the next short while as opposed to years away as well!

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:14PM Sunlover said

Sounds cool! The "11 seamless, fully-explorable worlds, each with its own secrets for players to uncover" sounds really impressive. Time will tell how fun and well-made this one is. Until that time, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:18PM mechanicalturk said

The screen shots look great. WTB some in-game video. If this game is half as good as it is described, it will definitely throw a wrench in my MMO budget allocation. Definitely a good problem to have. Nice find Massively!

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:25PM Lateris said

Ya I got the pre NGE vibe as well. Plus they are in my hometown so I will keep an eye on this as well.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:29PM Mikkhail said

Expanded explanations on the Web site look really promising as well ... now just need to get some game play video / demo video and some skill progression details ... if it looks good, I will officially start salivating ...

And yeah, like mechanicalturk said, this could really jack up my mmo budgeting with TSW, GW2 ,and SW:TOR on the horizon ... haha

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:32PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I have a problem with the game:

Character models are forgettable and look like jelly-bag suits.

See what I mean? Ya, it's that bad.

I don't know what those guys are, but it looks like a rock fell on their head and someone forgot to inflate it back up again.

I'm just picky I guess. Although the game does sound like a version of like Planetside 2.0 or something, so it'll definitely be worth getting more info on.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 1:05PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) They're an alien race. You wanted them to look like supermodels?

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:42PM Kaoss said

is this the game they just alpha tested? All you could do was run around the landscape, no combat or nothing cos it was in alpha and purely to test the HERO engine. Didn't look terrible, wasn't amazing though.

Pretty sure it was this cos same engine and Pitch Black games.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 2:10PM (Unverified) said

@Kaoss yea same game but they was just doing some targetted testing they have alot of the game coded on there end but its not mass tested atm i beilieve more testing is coming this month should have more features as well for us to give feedback on there taking a diffreant approach to it than most.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:44PM Tom in VA said

The game sounds interesting to me, though I can't say I like the PvP emphasis part. Still, if there is enough game here to keep a dedicated PvE'er happy, I'm up for it.

This game sounds like the sort of direction STO should have gone ... but didn't.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 12:56PM Lateris said

So who wants to bet they will have a skill system? :)

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 1:09PM Space Cobra said

I keep an eye on it, but rely on Massively to do so a bit more.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 2:11PM (Unverified) said

plus we tested it on lowest settings except for rez

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 2:12PM (Unverified) said

we also got jetpacks the following week with the obsticle course as extra

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 3:53PM bulldozerftw said

sounds awesome, cant wait till its complete.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 4:47PM Plastic said

I also alpha-tested this game and am really looking forward to it; three factions and a sci-fi setting is all win. My only concern is this Hero engine, I haven't played a single game with that engine that ran well, it seems to just run on one core, and it really stresses your machine. Hopefully they can get that worked out before launch.

Why I Play: ArcheAge