Posted: Jun 16th 2011 3:05PM Daverator said

I get an overwhelming sense of meh.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 3:32PM (Unverified) said

Being able to select the Caramelldansen as a dance is pretty cool. Seems to have a good amount of customization and has a heavy emphasis on the social aspects of being an MMO. Would probably make for a decent game to play with a spouse/girl-friend. Might check it out sometime.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 3:44PM Beau Hindman said

@(Unverified) My interview with them was a blast. They really have some killer ideas coming from the overseas version. It's not the game for everyone, for sure, but it really has some neat ideas.

I'll be taking a tour with them in game soon, so I'll be writing that up. I'm going to try my hand at the Cupid matchmaking system.

Beau

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 4:57PM DevilSei said

Just saying, but did they really have to classify their open beta as a "No Wipe" beta? It's pretty much the norm for any F2P game to not wipe characters once Open beta starts.
That's because as soon as the game comes out of Closed Beta, it's essentially "launched", as they also release the item mall as soon as possible to start generating profit quickly.

You wipe a character with even just $10 attached to it, and you'll be dealing with a shitstorm at least ten-fold of that which Allods dealt with.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 5:25PM Beau Hindman said

@DevilSei I think that they announced it because they get asked that so much. I have seen the threads and the Facebook questions..."will it be wiped" is pretty commonly asked! lol

Beau

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 5:28PM DevilSei said

@Beau Hindman

That is true... I remember the last day or so of Eden Eternal having each channel being spammed with the very same questions so... probably shouldn't be TOO surprised by that heh.

Maybe F2P titles in general should just shift the name of Open Beta to "Early Launch"! Would at least clear up the questions.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 8:37PM whateveryousay said

@DevilSei

Beau is right, and it's not just this game. Almost every open beta gets a ton of forum posts asking that very question.

Posted: Jun 20th 2011 10:50AM (Unverified) said

Just finished playing the EU Closed Beta today, such a fun game, can't wait to play EU Open Beta. Would be good to see more EU players on the EU server en.beanfun.com

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM