Posted: Jun 16th 2011 7:14PM Kark said

• Half a heart
Quote : This build was first pushed last Friday but was taken down moments later due to a "major database error

In other words as always with the Cryptic engine. This ground change will not save the game in anyway. Everytime they bring a patch they create more bugs. Save your money people it's still a shallow "MMO" filed with bugs. This is Cryptic http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=217322

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 7:40PM Firix said

@Kark So WoW doesn't have bugs? SW:TOR won't have bugs?

Software always has bugs. Code is evil, and has a mind of it's own, when you fix one thing, another thing breaks. It is nigh impossible to make software "perfect", especially when you keep adding new stuff.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 8:10PM Kark said

• Half a heart
@Firix

Defend them all you want, atleast those companys knows how to fix bugs.
The home grown game engine they use are well known for beeing a mess to work with. Yeah all MMO's have bugs, STO just have way more of them then others. STO is still in beta ! How is that game still in beta ? because alot of those bugs from beta have yet to be fixed, PvP bugs like 1 shot kills, kerrat, skills only works every third time when clicking them , enemys under ground, weapons not showing up when firing,and not to mention bad programming like in gamma with borg cubes glitching into each other immersion out the window and the list goes on....So defend them all you want but the truth is the truth. Not to mention they have been crapping all over the KDF since they started making the game and launch. And of course a greedy C store were even veteran rewards are now for everyone to buy, after that i uninstalled that game.And i have a lifetime, what a waste of money that was.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 3:47PM Bladerunner83 said

@Kark

I can't stand Cryptic either and I refuse to play their games; I am also a programmer and Firix is right, programs are very fickle; You can do everything right and still have some numbers floating around that can screw up all the technical coding. I am in no way defending that crap company, but coding is never perfect.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 7:41PM Faction 3 said

Captains Log...

I lol every time.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 9:14AM Lombardus said

@Faction 3
LOL. Me too. :)

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 8:21PM Alarie said

Awesome! Like what I see with the ground combat 2.0. The borg 1.5 looks interesting as well.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 8:25PM Kark said

• Half a heart
Anyways i will stop complaing about STO because that game will not improve and if STO actually manage to keep 10 000 subs after TOR is out well good for them. But i dont think they will survive.So yeah bye STO, my complaining on you is over. You failed and CBS if they had anybrains would never have given the IP to Cryptic. Live long and prosper ? nah sry i dont think you will make it.........

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 9:09PM druzeltheimp said

I think that Cryptic has come a long way. While the terrible launches of COH and STO are inexcusable, they have been updating like mad and the games are now both a couple of decent MMO's. The thing that encourages me about this studio is the frequency in which they update and add new content.

I played Champions Online at launch and it was a disaster. Now I'm actually having a great time and loving the weekly comic series. I've only played STO a little, but once this update goes live I'm going to try it out with my wife. Now we'll see if they learned their lesson when Neverwinter comes out.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 10:12AM Masync9 said

• 1 heart
@druzeltheimp

My thoughts as well. There has been a certain something going on with Cryptic and its a good thing! It feels like they have more momentum now and have been releasing more meaningful changes and updates.

Champions has started bubbling up on my play list more often now as more interesting things are happening.

I might check out STO over the weekend to see how much has changed.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 10:09PM WyattEarp89 said

Awesome! I am really looking forward to the ground combat update, Cryptic has come a long way from where they were before. And I don't fully blame them, atleast not the devs (mainly the managers), for the problems they have had with rushed launches. I think Atari was to blame, probably gave them a certain time frame to work on it and whatever condition it is in they have to release it.

Hopefully with Perfect World buying them Cryptic can actually work on a slower pace for Neverwinter and release it in a ready condition.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 1:50AM WyattEarp89 said

Heh, I have to laugh at the people who thumbs down comments just because they say something nice about Cryptic. Must be a bunch of haters still out their.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 7:09AM b3n said

• Half a heart
The game sounds a lot better than when I cancelled my pre-order - but still seems like it needs a few more years baking to be any where close to becoming a half-decent game.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 9:43AM Yukon Sam said

STO started out skimpy, but it's currently a good, playable game and getting stronger with each update.

Haters gotta hate. Means nothing.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 10:19AM WonderPenguin said

If anyone is on the fence about STO these days (as unlikely as that seems), I would say Season 4 would be a good place to jump back in. Just recently came back after a 5 or 6 month break and got my character his last five levels.

The featured series content, in my opinion, is what finally makes the game feel like Star Trek. The current dev team has managed to restore some hope for me about this game, and just a few months ago I didn't see that happening.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 11:07AM Mainer82 said

I'm really look forward to this new update. There's a lot of hate here for STO, unwarranted too in my opinion.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 11:11AM Lateris said

I think this producer is really leading his team in a great direction for the game. Cryptic has a lot of talented people. It is nice to see that the talent is coming to the forefront.

I really enjoy the space combat in STO and I see the ground combat as improvement- anyone have any vids yet of the changes? Or maybe a live stream coming?

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 12:38PM Faryon said

@Lateris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojg8N29zeMQ
My impressions of the new combat and shooter mode in video format. That video should cover the basics, but at the same time there is alot it doesn't cover.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 5:33PM (Unverified) said

But the Duty Officer system still isn't on Tribble. And to me that is one of the biggest parts of Season 4 update.

Also on a side note. Ground combat feels smoother, but not necessarily better.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 10:21PM Hookan91 said

@(Unverified) The DOff system, according to Heretic, will need at least 1 month on Tribble to test it, so it most probably won't be in S4 launch, but a few weeks later.